March off to a great start
Saints II 5 March I 6 MARCH got off to a great start against Saints and goals from Adam Graham and Josh Birt put the visitors 2-0 up inside 10 minutes. But March took their foot off the pedal and Saints reduced the arrears just before half-time. C
Saints II 5 March I 6
MARCH got off to a great start against Saints and goals from Adam Graham and Josh Birt put the visitors 2-0 up inside 10 minutes.
But March took their foot off the pedal and Saints reduced the arrears just before half-time.
Charlie Bester restored March's two-goal cushion after the break before Saints scored their second.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Birt scored three goals in answer to two from Northampton as March went 6-4 ahead. Saints scored a fifth but March held on.
Northampton Saints III 2 March II 3
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
THERE was another closely-fought match when March II took on Saints' third team.
Steve Birt and Ashley Welland found the back of the net to open up a 2-0 lead but Saints pulled back a goal on half-time. Birt restored the two-goal lead and Northampton's second was no more than a consolation.
March III 10 Northampton Saints 2
MARCH faced early pressure but the home side regained their composure to earn a comfortable victory.
Adam Triggs led the way with a hat-trick and the other goals came from no fewer than five other players.