March off to a great start
Saints II 5 March I 6 MARCH got off to a great start against Saints and goals from Adam Graham and Josh Birt put the visitors 2-0 up inside 10 minutes. But March took their foot off the pedal and Saints reduced the arrears just before half-time. C
Saints II 5 March I 6
MARCH got off to a great start against Saints and goals from Adam Graham and Josh Birt put the visitors 2-0 up inside 10 minutes.
But March took their foot off the pedal and Saints reduced the arrears just before half-time.
Charlie Bester restored March's two-goal cushion after the break before Saints scored their second.
Josh Birt scored three goals in answer to two from Northampton as March went 6-4 ahead. Saints scored a fifth but March held on.
Northampton Saints III 2 March II 3
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
THERE was another closely-fought match when March II took on Saints' third team.
Steve Birt and Ashley Welland found the back of the net to open up a 2-0 lead but Saints pulled back a goal on half-time. Birt restored the two-goal lead and Northampton's second was no more than a consolation.
March III 10 Northampton Saints 2
MARCH faced early pressure but the home side regained their composure to earn a comfortable victory.
Adam Triggs led the way with a hat-trick and the other goals came from no fewer than five other players.