March off to a great start
Saints II 5 March I 6 MARCH got off to a great start against Saints and goals from Adam Graham and Josh Birt put the visitors 2-0 up inside 10 minutes. But March took their foot off the pedal and Saints reduced the arrears just before half-time. C
Saints II 5 March I 6
MARCH got off to a great start against Saints and goals from Adam Graham and Josh Birt put the visitors 2-0 up inside 10 minutes.
But March took their foot off the pedal and Saints reduced the arrears just before half-time.
Charlie Bester restored March's two-goal cushion after the break before Saints scored their second.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Birt scored three goals in answer to two from Northampton as March went 6-4 ahead. Saints scored a fifth but March held on.
Northampton Saints III 2 March II 3
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
THERE was another closely-fought match when March II took on Saints' third team.
Steve Birt and Ashley Welland found the back of the net to open up a 2-0 lead but Saints pulled back a goal on half-time. Birt restored the two-goal lead and Northampton's second was no more than a consolation.
March III 10 Northampton Saints 2
MARCH faced early pressure but the home side regained their composure to earn a comfortable victory.
Adam Triggs led the way with a hat-trick and the other goals came from no fewer than five other players.