March Rangers Under-13s win cup-final classic at home of Cambridge City
MARCH Rangers Under-13s won an eight-goal thriller at the home of Cambridge City to taste cup final success in front of around 200 supporters.
Richard Ward’s talented side beat Walpole Warriors 5-3 in a Cambridge and District Colts League Knockout Cup Final classic at Milton Road.
Ben Norton opened the scoring for Rangers with a well-taken free-kick before Soloman Orejei and Daniel James increased their side’s commanding lead.
Walpole pulled a goal back before the break and then struck twice to complete a remarkable comeback in a dominant second-half performance.
March ‘keeper Henry Butt kept Rangers in the game before man of the match Josh Doncaster bagged two superbly taken goals to secure March’s fine win.
You may also want to watch:
March Rangers team: Henry Butt, Kyle Wiggins, Luke Dawson, Thomas Wadsworth, Mitchell Drewery, Alfie Jaggard, Ben Norton, Daniel James, Ethan Kirby, Thomas Morton, Connor Mazurek, Josh Doncaster, Soloman Orejei, Josh Fairminer (captain), Keaton Smith.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal