March Rangers Under-13s win cup-final classic at home of Cambridge City
MARCH Rangers Under-13s won an eight-goal thriller at the home of Cambridge City to taste cup final success in front of around 200 supporters.
Richard Ward’s talented side beat Walpole Warriors 5-3 in a Cambridge and District Colts League Knockout Cup Final classic at Milton Road.
Ben Norton opened the scoring for Rangers with a well-taken free-kick before Soloman Orejei and Daniel James increased their side’s commanding lead.
Walpole pulled a goal back before the break and then struck twice to complete a remarkable comeback in a dominant second-half performance.
March ‘keeper Henry Butt kept Rangers in the game before man of the match Josh Doncaster bagged two superbly taken goals to secure March’s fine win.
You may also want to watch:
March Rangers team: Henry Butt, Kyle Wiggins, Luke Dawson, Thomas Wadsworth, Mitchell Drewery, Alfie Jaggard, Ben Norton, Daniel James, Ethan Kirby, Thomas Morton, Connor Mazurek, Josh Doncaster, Soloman Orejei, Josh Fairminer (captain), Keaton Smith.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community