March Rangers Under-13s win cup-final classic at home of Cambridge City
MARCH Rangers Under-13s won an eight-goal thriller at the home of Cambridge City to taste cup final success in front of around 200 supporters.
Richard Ward’s talented side beat Walpole Warriors 5-3 in a Cambridge and District Colts League Knockout Cup Final classic at Milton Road.
Ben Norton opened the scoring for Rangers with a well-taken free-kick before Soloman Orejei and Daniel James increased their side’s commanding lead.
Walpole pulled a goal back before the break and then struck twice to complete a remarkable comeback in a dominant second-half performance.
March ‘keeper Henry Butt kept Rangers in the game before man of the match Josh Doncaster bagged two superbly taken goals to secure March’s fine win.
You may also want to watch:
March Rangers team: Henry Butt, Kyle Wiggins, Luke Dawson, Thomas Wadsworth, Mitchell Drewery, Alfie Jaggard, Ben Norton, Daniel James, Ethan Kirby, Thomas Morton, Connor Mazurek, Josh Doncaster, Soloman Orejei, Josh Fairminer (captain), Keaton Smith.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens