March runners enjoy busy week of racing
- Credit: Archant
MARCH AC runners distinguished themselves at three separate races last week.
The Bushey 10km saw eight March runners compete.
First home for the club was Jason Perring in 26th place out of 276 runners in a time of 39 minutes 8 seconds.
Debra Wait was fifth lady overall and won the first-Vet prize in 41 minutes 55 seconds.
March runners also competed in the Peterborough 5km series held in Stamford.
You may also want to watch:
Jevan Robertson secured 19th place out of 189 runners in 18 minutes 36 seconds.
Geraldine Emmins was first home for the ladies in 22 minutes 56 seconds.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Robertson was also the leading March runner in the St Ives 10km race, crossing the line in 33rd place in a field of 424 runners with a personal best time of 39 minutes two seconds.
Times:- Bushey 10km: Jason Perring 26th, 39.08, Mick Stacey 30th, 39.35, Pete West 32nd, 39.44, Debra Wait 57th 41.55, Harry Littlemore 128th, 47.51, Dawn Veal 170th, 52.29, Fay Scrivener 183rd, 54.17, Gena Jackman 264th, 1.09.37.
Stamford 5K Wednesday July 17: Jeval Robertson 19th, 18.36, Pete West 28th, 19.05, Mick Stacey 39th, 19.41, Andrew Larham 41st, 19.44, Geraldine Emmins 109th, 22.56, Karen Patterson 122nd, 23.34, Dawn Veal 154th, 25.46, Fay Scrivener 172nd, 27.32, Maura Brown 189th, 42.42.
St Ives 10k Sunday July 21: Jevan Robertson 33rd, 39.02 (pb), Jason Perring 35th 39.08, Mick Stacey 44th, 39.56, Darren Moat 85th, 44.04, Harry Littlemore 153rd, 47.32(pb) Stephen Cowell 260th 52.40 (pb) Fay Scrivener 274th, 53.36, Lorna Okerika 352nd, 59.05 (pb).