March runners enjoy busy week of racing
- Credit: Archant
MARCH AC runners distinguished themselves at three separate races last week.
The Bushey 10km saw eight March runners compete.
First home for the club was Jason Perring in 26th place out of 276 runners in a time of 39 minutes 8 seconds.
Debra Wait was fifth lady overall and won the first-Vet prize in 41 minutes 55 seconds.
March runners also competed in the Peterborough 5km series held in Stamford.
Jevan Robertson secured 19th place out of 189 runners in 18 minutes 36 seconds.
Geraldine Emmins was first home for the ladies in 22 minutes 56 seconds.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
Robertson was also the leading March runner in the St Ives 10km race, crossing the line in 33rd place in a field of 424 runners with a personal best time of 39 minutes two seconds.
Times:- Bushey 10km: Jason Perring 26th, 39.08, Mick Stacey 30th, 39.35, Pete West 32nd, 39.44, Debra Wait 57th 41.55, Harry Littlemore 128th, 47.51, Dawn Veal 170th, 52.29, Fay Scrivener 183rd, 54.17, Gena Jackman 264th, 1.09.37.
Stamford 5K Wednesday July 17: Jeval Robertson 19th, 18.36, Pete West 28th, 19.05, Mick Stacey 39th, 19.41, Andrew Larham 41st, 19.44, Geraldine Emmins 109th, 22.56, Karen Patterson 122nd, 23.34, Dawn Veal 154th, 25.46, Fay Scrivener 172nd, 27.32, Maura Brown 189th, 42.42.
St Ives 10k Sunday July 21: Jevan Robertson 33rd, 39.02 (pb), Jason Perring 35th 39.08, Mick Stacey 44th, 39.56, Darren Moat 85th, 44.04, Harry Littlemore 153rd, 47.32(pb) Stephen Cowell 260th 52.40 (pb) Fay Scrivener 274th, 53.36, Lorna Okerika 352nd, 59.05 (pb).