March’s golden girl Louise Hazel picked for London 2012 Olympic Games
MARCH’S golden girl of athletics Louise Hazel has been selected for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The Commonwealth heptathlon champion was named as one of Team GB’s 71-strong track and field squad, which was announced this afternoon.
She has been selected alongside fellow heptathletes Jessica Ennis and Katarina Johnson-Thompson.
The 26-year-old immediately took to Twitter to express her delight at being picked to compete at her home Games, which start later this month.
She said: “Can finally say that I will be part of TeamGB at the London 2012 Olympic Games! #dreamcometrue”
You may also want to watch:
Hazel became the first person to be granted the freedom of March after triumphing at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, in Delhi.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021