March’s golden girl Louise Hazel picked for London 2012 Olympic Games
MARCH’S golden girl of athletics Louise Hazel has been selected for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The Commonwealth heptathlon champion was named as one of Team GB’s 71-strong track and field squad, which was announced this afternoon.
She has been selected alongside fellow heptathletes Jessica Ennis and Katarina Johnson-Thompson.
The 26-year-old immediately took to Twitter to express her delight at being picked to compete at her home Games, which start later this month.
She said: “Can finally say that I will be part of TeamGB at the London 2012 Olympic Games! #dreamcometrue”
You may also want to watch:
Hazel became the first person to be granted the freedom of March after triumphing at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, in Delhi.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Man who died in road crash is named
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader