March Soccer School ‘over the moon’ after scooping gong at FA Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
A soccer school based in March is celebrating after bagging an award at the FA Community Awards presentation evening, held by the Cambridgeshire FA.
The evening, held at Cambridge United’s Abbey Stadium, was put on to show the county’s appreciation of Grassroots heroes around the country - with county, regional and national winners.
There were awards including club of the year, volunteer of the year, and development club of the year - which was scooped up by March Soccer School.
The school, founded in 1992 by chairman and head coach, Tony Russell, currently has 16 teams in age range of ages, from under six through to under 16.
Both boys, girls and mixed teams play for the school, which was rewarded for its efforts in promoting and developing youth football in the county at the awards on Tuesday October 27.
You may also want to watch:
Club secretary and welfare officer for the soccer school, Katie Conyard, spoke of her pride at the club winning the award.
She said: “We’re over the moon to win the award. It’s a great achievement for everyone at the club.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 5 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
The award is a testament to the players, the parents and all the committee who are involved in the running of the school.”
March Soccer School is a community club run by volunteers from around the region.
The club are currently recruiting more volunteers and would love to hear from anyone interested in either playing or volunteering. For more information, please visit www.marchsoccerschool.co.uk