March Soccer School ‘over the moon’ after scooping gong at FA Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
A soccer school based in March is celebrating after bagging an award at the FA Community Awards presentation evening, held by the Cambridgeshire FA.
The evening, held at Cambridge United’s Abbey Stadium, was put on to show the county’s appreciation of Grassroots heroes around the country - with county, regional and national winners.
There were awards including club of the year, volunteer of the year, and development club of the year - which was scooped up by March Soccer School.
The school, founded in 1992 by chairman and head coach, Tony Russell, currently has 16 teams in age range of ages, from under six through to under 16.
Both boys, girls and mixed teams play for the school, which was rewarded for its efforts in promoting and developing youth football in the county at the awards on Tuesday October 27.
Club secretary and welfare officer for the soccer school, Katie Conyard, spoke of her pride at the club winning the award.
She said: “We’re over the moon to win the award. It’s a great achievement for everyone at the club.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
- 8 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 9 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 10 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
The award is a testament to the players, the parents and all the committee who are involved in the running of the school.”
March Soccer School is a community club run by volunteers from around the region.
The club are currently recruiting more volunteers and would love to hear from anyone interested in either playing or volunteering. For more information, please visit www.marchsoccerschool.co.uk