LOCAL FOOTBALL: March Soccer School youngster Rob Conyard named Volunteer of the Year at FA Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
A former March Town striker has won a top award at the FA Community Awards.
Rob Conyard, 17, won the Young Volunteer of the Year at the Cambridgeshire FA’s ceremony last week.
Conyard, who now plays for Deeping Rangers and March Soccer School, was recognized for his exceptional work in the local community as a player, coach, referee and volunteer and for being a role model to youngsters in Fenland.
He was presented with his award at Cambridge United’s Cambs Glass Stadium last Tuesday (17).
A March Soccer School spokesman said: “The club is proud of Rob and all of our local volunteers who are all exceptional and work tirelessly to provide footballing opportunities and quality coaching for all.
You may also want to watch:
“Developing the children on and off the pitch is of great importance and the club is thrilled that so many players – both boys and girls – are now stepping up to refereeing and coaching.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton