LOCAL FOOTBALL: March Soccer School youngster Rob Conyard named Volunteer of the Year at FA Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
A former March Town striker has won a top award at the FA Community Awards.
Rob Conyard, 17, won the Young Volunteer of the Year at the Cambridgeshire FA’s ceremony last week.
Conyard, who now plays for Deeping Rangers and March Soccer School, was recognized for his exceptional work in the local community as a player, coach, referee and volunteer and for being a role model to youngsters in Fenland.
He was presented with his award at Cambridge United’s Cambs Glass Stadium last Tuesday (17).
A March Soccer School spokesman said: “The club is proud of Rob and all of our local volunteers who are all exceptional and work tirelessly to provide footballing opportunities and quality coaching for all.
You may also want to watch:
“Developing the children on and off the pitch is of great importance and the club is thrilled that so many players – both boys and girls – are now stepping up to refereeing and coaching.”
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road