LOCAL FOOTBALL: March Soccer School youngster Rob Conyard named Volunteer of the Year at FA Community Awards
- Credit: Archant
A former March Town striker has won a top award at the FA Community Awards.
Rob Conyard, 17, won the Young Volunteer of the Year at the Cambridgeshire FA’s ceremony last week.
Conyard, who now plays for Deeping Rangers and March Soccer School, was recognized for his exceptional work in the local community as a player, coach, referee and volunteer and for being a role model to youngsters in Fenland.
He was presented with his award at Cambridge United’s Cambs Glass Stadium last Tuesday (17).
A March Soccer School spokesman said: “The club is proud of Rob and all of our local volunteers who are all exceptional and work tirelessly to provide footballing opportunities and quality coaching for all.
You may also want to watch:
“Developing the children on and off the pitch is of great importance and the club is thrilled that so many players – both boys and girls – are now stepping up to refereeing and coaching.”
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack