March Soccer School youngsters enjoy Wembley day out to watch Peterborough United lift the cup
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from March Soccer School enjoyed a memorable trip to Wembley Stadium on Sunday to cheer on Peterborough United against Chesterfield in The Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Final.
They were treated to a thrilling match which saw the Posh lift their first major piece of silverware with a 3-1 win.
Josh McQuoid poked the Posh ahead and Shaun Brisley’s powerful header made it 2-0 at the break.
Eoin Doyle pulled one back from close range before Posh midfielder Joe Newell saw red for kicking out at Sam Morsy.
But Britt Assombalonga’s penalty sealed victory after Mark Little was felled in the area by Liam Cooper.
You may also want to watch:
March Soccer School is a FA Charter Standard youth football Club for all ages.
Any boys or girls interested in joining should contact Tony on 01354 651643, Katie on 07753 690393, Simon on 07939 148327 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 5 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 6 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
- 10 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses