March stars Katie and Regan box to classy victories in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
Small Heath Boxing Club must be sick of the sight of March Boxing Club fighters.
Two prospects from the Fens – Katie Edwards and Regan Lazenby – took on fighters from the Birmingham club and both clinched split decision victories on another successful weekend for the local club.
Edwards, taking part in only her second fight, defied her inexperience and produced a classy performance, landing a number of effective shots in the second round to triumph over Stacey Stray.
Youngster Regan then showcased his skills against prospect Tafary Rouse, with the southpaw’s speed and hand co-ordination proving too much for the man from the Midlands.
Katie then returned to action on Sunday, but couldn’t progress in the National Development Championships.
You may also want to watch:
The March fighter took on Haringey Cup finalist Clarissa Rougier in the quarter-finals, but Rougier turned in an experienced display to seal a points victory.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named