March stars Katie and Regan box to classy victories in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
Small Heath Boxing Club must be sick of the sight of March Boxing Club fighters.
Two prospects from the Fens – Katie Edwards and Regan Lazenby – took on fighters from the Birmingham club and both clinched split decision victories on another successful weekend for the local club.
Edwards, taking part in only her second fight, defied her inexperience and produced a classy performance, landing a number of effective shots in the second round to triumph over Stacey Stray.
Youngster Regan then showcased his skills against prospect Tafary Rouse, with the southpaw’s speed and hand co-ordination proving too much for the man from the Midlands.
Katie then returned to action on Sunday, but couldn’t progress in the National Development Championships.
The March fighter took on Haringey Cup finalist Clarissa Rougier in the quarter-finals, but Rougier turned in an experienced display to seal a points victory.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition