March stars Katie and Regan box to classy victories in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
Small Heath Boxing Club must be sick of the sight of March Boxing Club fighters.
Two prospects from the Fens – Katie Edwards and Regan Lazenby – took on fighters from the Birmingham club and both clinched split decision victories on another successful weekend for the local club.
Edwards, taking part in only her second fight, defied her inexperience and produced a classy performance, landing a number of effective shots in the second round to triumph over Stacey Stray.
Youngster Regan then showcased his skills against prospect Tafary Rouse, with the southpaw’s speed and hand co-ordination proving too much for the man from the Midlands.
Katie then returned to action on Sunday, but couldn’t progress in the National Development Championships.
You may also want to watch:
The March fighter took on Haringey Cup finalist Clarissa Rougier in the quarter-finals, but Rougier turned in an experienced display to seal a points victory.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo