March stars Katie and Regan box to classy victories in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
Small Heath Boxing Club must be sick of the sight of March Boxing Club fighters.
Two prospects from the Fens – Katie Edwards and Regan Lazenby – took on fighters from the Birmingham club and both clinched split decision victories on another successful weekend for the local club.
Edwards, taking part in only her second fight, defied her inexperience and produced a classy performance, landing a number of effective shots in the second round to triumph over Stacey Stray.
Youngster Regan then showcased his skills against prospect Tafary Rouse, with the southpaw’s speed and hand co-ordination proving too much for the man from the Midlands.
Katie then returned to action on Sunday, but couldn’t progress in the National Development Championships.
You may also want to watch:
The March fighter took on Haringey Cup finalist Clarissa Rougier in the quarter-finals, but Rougier turned in an experienced display to seal a points victory.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response