March Town eager for action as East Region Hockey League season begins
- Credit: Archant
March Town Hockey Club were eager to get back into action as they began their season in the East Region League.
While the club is unable to use their Neale-Wade Academy home due to coronavirus restrictions, all teams were on the road on Saturday, September 26.
The men’s 1sts started their Division Three North West season with an 8-1 win over Kettering 2nds in what was a fast-paced match.
Ben Wright fired his side to victory with a clinical hat-trick, while Jody Betts starred with a man of the match performance.
In Division Five North West, March 2nds were beaten 2-1 by Horncastle 2nds. Conor McFadden excelled for March, assisting in a fantastic goal from Charlie Boughton.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match for March was Harry Sidgwick.
In the Women’s League, March 1sts’ Division Four North West (North) match with Louth 2nds was postponed.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
On Saturday, October 3, the men’s 1sts visit Long Sutton 2nds (2.30pm) while the 2nds travel to Bourne Deeping 4ths (2pm).