March Town eager for action as East Region Hockey League season begins
- Credit: Archant
March Town Hockey Club were eager to get back into action as they began their season in the East Region League.
While the club is unable to use their Neale-Wade Academy home due to coronavirus restrictions, all teams were on the road on Saturday, September 26.
The men’s 1sts started their Division Three North West season with an 8-1 win over Kettering 2nds in what was a fast-paced match.
Ben Wright fired his side to victory with a clinical hat-trick, while Jody Betts starred with a man of the match performance.
In Division Five North West, March 2nds were beaten 2-1 by Horncastle 2nds. Conor McFadden excelled for March, assisting in a fantastic goal from Charlie Boughton.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match for March was Harry Sidgwick.
In the Women’s League, March 1sts’ Division Four North West (North) match with Louth 2nds was postponed.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
On Saturday, October 3, the men’s 1sts visit Long Sutton 2nds (2.30pm) while the 2nds travel to Bourne Deeping 4ths (2pm).