March Town eager for action as East Region Hockey League season begins
- Credit: Archant
March Town Hockey Club were eager to get back into action as they began their season in the East Region League.
While the club is unable to use their Neale-Wade Academy home due to coronavirus restrictions, all teams were on the road on Saturday, September 26.
The men’s 1sts started their Division Three North West season with an 8-1 win over Kettering 2nds in what was a fast-paced match.
Ben Wright fired his side to victory with a clinical hat-trick, while Jody Betts starred with a man of the match performance.
In Division Five North West, March 2nds were beaten 2-1 by Horncastle 2nds. Conor McFadden excelled for March, assisting in a fantastic goal from Charlie Boughton.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match for March was Harry Sidgwick.
In the Women’s League, March 1sts’ Division Four North West (North) match with Louth 2nds was postponed.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
On Saturday, October 3, the men’s 1sts visit Long Sutton 2nds (2.30pm) while the 2nds travel to Bourne Deeping 4ths (2pm).