BOXING: March star Bernardo Marime enjoys debut success
- Credit: Archant
March puncher Bernardo Marime enjoyed a successful pro debut last Friday.
The 24 year-old welterweight talent claimed a points victory against Fonz Alexander in his first outing in the paid ranks.
Marime - nicknamed King Cobra - won all four rounds of the contest at The Halls, in Norwich, and earned plenty of rave reviews.
"I'm happy with the way I boxed," said Marime. "I showed off my skills with what I can do.
"I talked with my trainer beforehand and he just told me to enjoy the fight," said Marime. "I'm really happy with the way I boxed.
You may also want to watch:
"I know I could have stopped him if I wanted to, but it was important to show everyone what I can do and to get the experience of the four rounds.
"The people there liked what they saw. They were all shocked in a good way!
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
"It feels good to get the first win on my record and we'll take it from there.
"I'm hoping to be back in the ring in January in Norwich again."
Mozambique-born Marime moved to the Fens in 2017 after previously living in Northern Ireland.
He boxed as an amateur for 12 years before turning professional in the summer with Norwich trainer Graham Everett.