March teenager cruises to cross-country victory at Cambridgeshire championships
A TALENTED teenage runner from March has stormed to success at the Cambridgeshire County Cross Country Championships.
Nicholas Stone, who runs for Peterborough AC, cruised to a comfortable victory in the Mens Under-17 category completing the distance of 5.8K in 19.38 minutes.
The 16-year-old drew clear of his nearest rivals, Matt Nicholson, who finished second in 19.54 minutes, and Oliver McGlashan, who bagged third with a time of 20 minutes.
Having won the singles event, held at Priory Park, St Neots, Stone also helped fellow Peterborough AC runners Stuart Haw and Joshua White secure the team competition for their age group.
The Neale-Wade student will now represent the county in the National Inter-Counties Competition in Birmingham on March 6.
He will also compete for the first time as a senior boy when he returns to Priory Park for the County Schools Cross Country Competition on January 20.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge