March Town 1sts in dominant mood as perfect East Region League start continues
- Credit: Archant
March Town 1sts enjoyed back-to-back thrashings as they continue their fine start to the East Men’s League season at the weekend.
Ross Ambler starred in their 5-1 win over Long Sutton 2nds in Division Three North West away from home.
Jody Betts netted twice, while strikes from Doogie Patterson, Ben Wright and Mark Saunders, who made his first appearance of the campaign, sealed victory for the visitors.
It was another tough weekend for March 2nds following a 6-1 defeat at Bourne Deeping 4ths in Division Five North West.
There was a bright moment for March as Conor McFadden continued his form with his first goal for the side against experienced opponents, while Joseph Riches was named man of the match.
You may also want to watch:
In the Women’s League, March 1sts were without a fixture.
On Saturday, October 10, both men’s teams travel to St Ives as the 1sts take on Ives’ 2nds (2pm) while March 2nds face the 3rds (3.30pm).
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down