March Town ace Rob is a fox in the box in trial for Premier League side
- Credit: Archant
A March Town football star impressed in a recent trial with surprise Premier League title challengers Leicester City.
16-year-old Rob Conyard, who plays as a striker for the Hares under 16 and 18 sides, bagged himself a trial for the Foxes Youth side after some excellent performaces for March Town this season.
And the Peterborough United fan, who follows the League One club home and away, was in scintilating form during his trial, netting two goals on December 30.
Conyard would join up with Leicester City’s Under-16 squad if the club decide to offer him a contract later this month, and the Hares hitman took to Twitter to state his intentions for 2016.
He said: “2015 was a big year for my football and one I’ll always remember. With more hard work, I’ll make sure 2016 is my year.”?
Leicester City have been the surprise package in the Premier League this season, with their fantastic form firing them to second in the table, only two points behind leaders Arsenal.
- 1 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series