March Town ace Rob is a fox in the box in trial for Premier League side
- Credit: Archant
A March Town football star impressed in a recent trial with surprise Premier League title challengers Leicester City.
16-year-old Rob Conyard, who plays as a striker for the Hares under 16 and 18 sides, bagged himself a trial for the Foxes Youth side after some excellent performaces for March Town this season.
And the Peterborough United fan, who follows the League One club home and away, was in scintilating form during his trial, netting two goals on December 30.
Conyard would join up with Leicester City’s Under-16 squad if the club decide to offer him a contract later this month, and the Hares hitman took to Twitter to state his intentions for 2016.
He said: “2015 was a big year for my football and one I’ll always remember. With more hard work, I’ll make sure 2016 is my year.”?
You may also want to watch:
Leicester City have been the surprise package in the Premier League this season, with their fantastic form firing them to second in the table, only two points behind leaders Arsenal.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 March Town United in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid