March Town ace Rob is a fox in the box in trial for Premier League side
- Credit: Archant
A March Town football star impressed in a recent trial with surprise Premier League title challengers Leicester City.
16-year-old Rob Conyard, who plays as a striker for the Hares under 16 and 18 sides, bagged himself a trial for the Foxes Youth side after some excellent performaces for March Town this season.
And the Peterborough United fan, who follows the League One club home and away, was in scintilating form during his trial, netting two goals on December 30.
Conyard would join up with Leicester City’s Under-16 squad if the club decide to offer him a contract later this month, and the Hares hitman took to Twitter to state his intentions for 2016.
He said: “2015 was a big year for my football and one I’ll always remember. With more hard work, I’ll make sure 2016 is my year.”?
You may also want to watch:
Leicester City have been the surprise package in the Premier League this season, with their fantastic form firing them to second in the table, only two points behind leaders Arsenal.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile