March Town ace Rob is a fox in the box in trial for Premier League side
- Credit: Archant
A March Town football star impressed in a recent trial with surprise Premier League title challengers Leicester City.
16-year-old Rob Conyard, who plays as a striker for the Hares under 16 and 18 sides, bagged himself a trial for the Foxes Youth side after some excellent performaces for March Town this season.
And the Peterborough United fan, who follows the League One club home and away, was in scintilating form during his trial, netting two goals on December 30.
Conyard would join up with Leicester City’s Under-16 squad if the club decide to offer him a contract later this month, and the Hares hitman took to Twitter to state his intentions for 2016.
He said: “2015 was a big year for my football and one I’ll always remember. With more hard work, I’ll make sure 2016 is my year.”?
You may also want to watch:
Leicester City have been the surprise package in the Premier League this season, with their fantastic form firing them to second in the table, only two points behind leaders Arsenal.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years