NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: March Town suffer dismal end to impressive pre-season
- Credit: Archant
March Town were put to the sword in their final pre-season friendly with Pinchbeck United on Saturday at the GER.
It was a game of two halves for the Hares, who previously went on a run of four successive wins, scoring 12 and conceding just three.
Despite falling behind moments before half-time, they showed a wealth of attacking intent through menacing crosses, drilled efforts and dangerous headed efforts.
But two further goals from the Knights after the break sealed victory for the United Counties League outfit and the annual BKD Trophy in the absence of usual competitors, Wisbech Town, who were unable to fulfil the fixture.
"It's a wake-up call," boss Brett Whaley stated.
You may also want to watch:
"We never got going, and that comes from the boys themselves.
"At the minute, our performances go up and down depending on how we've just played or who we're playing, and that's something they've got to learn."
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police