NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: March Town suffer dismal end to impressive pre-season
- Credit: Archant
March Town were put to the sword in their final pre-season friendly with Pinchbeck United on Saturday at the GER.
It was a game of two halves for the Hares, who previously went on a run of four successive wins, scoring 12 and conceding just three.
Despite falling behind moments before half-time, they showed a wealth of attacking intent through menacing crosses, drilled efforts and dangerous headed efforts.
But two further goals from the Knights after the break sealed victory for the United Counties League outfit and the annual BKD Trophy in the absence of usual competitors, Wisbech Town, who were unable to fulfil the fixture.
"It's a wake-up call," boss Brett Whaley stated.
You may also want to watch:
"We never got going, and that comes from the boys themselves.
"At the minute, our performances go up and down depending on how we've just played or who we're playing, and that's something they've got to learn."
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021