NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: March Town suffer dismal end to impressive pre-season
- Credit: Archant
March Town were put to the sword in their final pre-season friendly with Pinchbeck United on Saturday at the GER.
It was a game of two halves for the Hares, who previously went on a run of four successive wins, scoring 12 and conceding just three.
Despite falling behind moments before half-time, they showed a wealth of attacking intent through menacing crosses, drilled efforts and dangerous headed efforts.
But two further goals from the Knights after the break sealed victory for the United Counties League outfit and the annual BKD Trophy in the absence of usual competitors, Wisbech Town, who were unable to fulfil the fixture.
"It's a wake-up call," boss Brett Whaley stated.
You may also want to watch:
"We never got going, and that comes from the boys themselves.
"At the minute, our performances go up and down depending on how we've just played or who we're playing, and that's something they've got to learn."
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car