March Town Cricket Club awards night
- Credit: Archant
Saranga Rajaguru was named the Saturday 1st XI’s payer of the year, having been presented with his tankard by club captain Tyler Phillips, before recently returning to Sri Lanka.
The top all-rounder in the Whitings League finished with 51 wickets and 691 runs, which included a glorious 138 in the victory away to Ramsey.
Chairman of the Whitings League, Keith Coburn presented the rest of the silverware at the club’s annual awards night on Friday.
Batsman/wicketkeeper Ben Chapman picked up the Sunday 1st XI award for his exploits that helped the side gain promotion to Rutland League Division 1 on the final day of the season.
A special award from club chairman Les Mills, who was congratulated on his recent NatWest OSCAs award, went to Will Curtis.
He made the difference against Ufford Park with career best figures of 7-24, followed by an unbeaten 33.
Opening batsman Nathan Oliver was the Saturday 2nd XI player of the year, as his side gained promotion to CCA Senior League Division 1 and vice-captain Shae Pooley was the Sunday 2nd XI’s award winner as they won the Fenland Invitation Trophy.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
Other tankards went to: 3rd XI Player of the year, James Mortlock; 4th XI player of the year, Dave Pomfrett; young player of the year, Sam Clarke; most improved player of the year, Adam Conyard and club person of the year, Martyn Wilkinson.
A shield was also presented to Under 19s T20 captain Sam Clarke, on behalf of the side that reached the Vitality Eastern Region Final at Bedford CC on August Bank Holiday Monday.