March Town Cricket Club awards night
- Credit: Archant
Saranga Rajaguru was named the Saturday 1st XI’s payer of the year, having been presented with his tankard by club captain Tyler Phillips, before recently returning to Sri Lanka.
The top all-rounder in the Whitings League finished with 51 wickets and 691 runs, which included a glorious 138 in the victory away to Ramsey.
Chairman of the Whitings League, Keith Coburn presented the rest of the silverware at the club’s annual awards night on Friday.
Batsman/wicketkeeper Ben Chapman picked up the Sunday 1st XI award for his exploits that helped the side gain promotion to Rutland League Division 1 on the final day of the season.
A special award from club chairman Les Mills, who was congratulated on his recent NatWest OSCAs award, went to Will Curtis.
You may also want to watch:
He made the difference against Ufford Park with career best figures of 7-24, followed by an unbeaten 33.
Opening batsman Nathan Oliver was the Saturday 2nd XI player of the year, as his side gained promotion to CCA Senior League Division 1 and vice-captain Shae Pooley was the Sunday 2nd XI’s award winner as they won the Fenland Invitation Trophy.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
Other tankards went to: 3rd XI Player of the year, James Mortlock; 4th XI player of the year, Dave Pomfrett; young player of the year, Sam Clarke; most improved player of the year, Adam Conyard and club person of the year, Martyn Wilkinson.
A shield was also presented to Under 19s T20 captain Sam Clarke, on behalf of the side that reached the Vitality Eastern Region Final at Bedford CC on August Bank Holiday Monday.