March Town Cricket Club captain Ringham ruled out for season with broken finger
DEVASTATED March Town Cricket Club captain Chris Ringham has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken finger.
The seamer thought he would be sidelined for four weeks after doctors told him he had “severely cracked” his little finger.
But further tests have shown the injury to be even more serious.
Ringham said: “The doctor showed me the X-ray and I’ve cracked it from the tip all the way down to the knuckle. Even the smallest movement could snap it.
“I’ve got to wear a splint for the best part of three months. I’ve asked if I could play with the splint on but I can’t.
“The problem was I got hit twice. My finger got bent back in the field and then it got hit while I was batting as well.
“I’m gutted. The longest I’d ever been injured before this was about two weeks.”
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 5 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 6 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
Wicket-keeper John Gilson will take charge of the side for the rest of the season.