March Town Cricket Club captain Ringham ruled out for season with broken finger
DEVASTATED March Town Cricket Club captain Chris Ringham has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken finger.
The seamer thought he would be sidelined for four weeks after doctors told him he had “severely cracked” his little finger.
But further tests have shown the injury to be even more serious.
Ringham said: “The doctor showed me the X-ray and I’ve cracked it from the tip all the way down to the knuckle. Even the smallest movement could snap it.
“I’ve got to wear a splint for the best part of three months. I’ve asked if I could play with the splint on but I can’t.
You may also want to watch:
“The problem was I got hit twice. My finger got bent back in the field and then it got hit while I was batting as well.
“I’m gutted. The longest I’d ever been injured before this was about two weeks.”
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Wicket-keeper John Gilson will take charge of the side for the rest of the season.