March Town Cricket Club captain Ringham ruled out for season with broken finger
DEVASTATED March Town Cricket Club captain Chris Ringham has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken finger.
The seamer thought he would be sidelined for four weeks after doctors told him he had “severely cracked” his little finger.
But further tests have shown the injury to be even more serious.
Ringham said: “The doctor showed me the X-ray and I’ve cracked it from the tip all the way down to the knuckle. Even the smallest movement could snap it.
“I’ve got to wear a splint for the best part of three months. I’ve asked if I could play with the splint on but I can’t.
You may also want to watch:
“The problem was I got hit twice. My finger got bent back in the field and then it got hit while I was batting as well.
“I’m gutted. The longest I’d ever been injured before this was about two weeks.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
Wicket-keeper John Gilson will take charge of the side for the rest of the season.