March Town Cricket Club captain Ringham ruled out for season with broken finger
DEVASTATED March Town Cricket Club captain Chris Ringham has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken finger.
The seamer thought he would be sidelined for four weeks after doctors told him he had “severely cracked” his little finger.
But further tests have shown the injury to be even more serious.
Ringham said: “The doctor showed me the X-ray and I’ve cracked it from the tip all the way down to the knuckle. Even the smallest movement could snap it.
“I’ve got to wear a splint for the best part of three months. I’ve asked if I could play with the splint on but I can’t.
You may also want to watch:
“The problem was I got hit twice. My finger got bent back in the field and then it got hit while I was batting as well.
“I’m gutted. The longest I’d ever been injured before this was about two weeks.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 More than one million vaccines given across Cambs
Wicket-keeper John Gilson will take charge of the side for the rest of the season.