March Town Cricket Club captain Ringham ruled out for season with broken finger
DEVASTATED March Town Cricket Club captain Chris Ringham has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken finger.
The seamer thought he would be sidelined for four weeks after doctors told him he had “severely cracked” his little finger.
But further tests have shown the injury to be even more serious.
Ringham said: “The doctor showed me the X-ray and I’ve cracked it from the tip all the way down to the knuckle. Even the smallest movement could snap it.
“I’ve got to wear a splint for the best part of three months. I’ve asked if I could play with the splint on but I can’t.
“The problem was I got hit twice. My finger got bent back in the field and then it got hit while I was batting as well.
“I’m gutted. The longest I’d ever been injured before this was about two weeks.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
Wicket-keeper John Gilson will take charge of the side for the rest of the season.