March Town Cricket Club members scoop gongs at star-studded Cricket awards at Lords
- Credit: Archant
Two March Town Cricket Club life members were awarded for their service at the NatWest OSCAs Award Ceremony at Lords Cricket ground in London on Monday 12th October.
Les Mills, club chairman, and fixture secretary Pat Ringham were guests at the ECB National OSCAs Dinner to celebrate the Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards nationally, as well as within Cambridgeshire.
Pat Ringham, who has been at the club for over 45 years, won the Cambridgeshire Lifetime Achiever award and Les Mills, Cambs Cricket Board Secretary, founder and treasurer of the Fenland Trophy Cricket League, won the Cambridgeshire Leagues and Boards award.
Both had a tour of Lords before enjoying the dinner with the host Jonathan Agnew. Also in attendance were Cricket stars Eoin Morgan, Mike Gatting, Andrew Strauss and Charlotte Edwards.
Each year Cambridgeshire Cricket invites all clubs, leagues and associations to nominate anyone they feel deserves thanks. Category winners are then selected and put forward to attend the awards dinner.
You may also want to watch:
There are seven nominated categories, including ‘Behind the Scenes’, ‘Building Partnerships’, ‘NatWest Cricket Force’, ‘Officiating Umpires and Scorers’ and ‘Young Volunteer.’
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region