March Town Cricket Club members scoop gongs at star-studded Cricket awards at Lords
- Credit: Archant
Two March Town Cricket Club life members were awarded for their service at the NatWest OSCAs Award Ceremony at Lords Cricket ground in London on Monday 12th October.
Les Mills, club chairman, and fixture secretary Pat Ringham were guests at the ECB National OSCAs Dinner to celebrate the Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards nationally, as well as within Cambridgeshire.
Pat Ringham, who has been at the club for over 45 years, won the Cambridgeshire Lifetime Achiever award and Les Mills, Cambs Cricket Board Secretary, founder and treasurer of the Fenland Trophy Cricket League, won the Cambridgeshire Leagues and Boards award.
Both had a tour of Lords before enjoying the dinner with the host Jonathan Agnew. Also in attendance were Cricket stars Eoin Morgan, Mike Gatting, Andrew Strauss and Charlotte Edwards.
Each year Cambridgeshire Cricket invites all clubs, leagues and associations to nominate anyone they feel deserves thanks. Category winners are then selected and put forward to attend the awards dinner.
You may also want to watch:
There are seven nominated categories, including ‘Behind the Scenes’, ‘Building Partnerships’, ‘NatWest Cricket Force’, ‘Officiating Umpires and Scorers’ and ‘Young Volunteer.’
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs