Former England bowler Angus Fraser is guest speaker at March Town Cricket Club’s 32nd annual dinner
- Credit: Archant
Sixty members and guests attended March Town Cricket Club’s 32nd annual cricket dinner.
Angus Fraser, ex-England opening bowler and current England selector was the guest speaker where he spoke of his own Test career and his thoughts on the current cricket scene following the recent Ashes series.
During the speech, Angus recalled his eighteen year playing career with Middlesex.
Angus’ most ‘famous hour’ came in the Barbados Test Match of the 1993/94 West Indies tour when Fraser took 8–75 in the first innings to help set up a famous victory, West Indies’ first defeat at Bridgetown for over half a century.
He spoke of his international days and the characters he played with and against the like of Phil Tufnell, Viv Richards and Brian Lara.
You may also want to watch:
Angus staged a question and answer session, covering his experiences as an England selector and the recent Ashes series.
The March Town Cricket Club runs four Saturday senior teams, two Sunday senior teams and junior teams.
For more information, visit the March Town Cricket Club website: www.marchtowncricket.com
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton