Former England bowler Angus Fraser is guest speaker at March Town Cricket Club’s 32nd annual dinner
- Credit: Archant
Sixty members and guests attended March Town Cricket Club’s 32nd annual cricket dinner.
Angus Fraser, ex-England opening bowler and current England selector was the guest speaker where he spoke of his own Test career and his thoughts on the current cricket scene following the recent Ashes series.
During the speech, Angus recalled his eighteen year playing career with Middlesex.
Angus’ most ‘famous hour’ came in the Barbados Test Match of the 1993/94 West Indies tour when Fraser took 8–75 in the first innings to help set up a famous victory, West Indies’ first defeat at Bridgetown for over half a century.
He spoke of his international days and the characters he played with and against the like of Phil Tufnell, Viv Richards and Brian Lara.
You may also want to watch:
Angus staged a question and answer session, covering his experiences as an England selector and the recent Ashes series.
The March Town Cricket Club runs four Saturday senior teams, two Sunday senior teams and junior teams.
For more information, visit the March Town Cricket Club website: www.marchtowncricket.com
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list