Former England bowler Angus Fraser is guest speaker at March Town Cricket Club’s 32nd annual dinner
- Credit: Archant
Sixty members and guests attended March Town Cricket Club’s 32nd annual cricket dinner.
Angus Fraser, ex-England opening bowler and current England selector was the guest speaker where he spoke of his own Test career and his thoughts on the current cricket scene following the recent Ashes series.
During the speech, Angus recalled his eighteen year playing career with Middlesex.
Angus’ most ‘famous hour’ came in the Barbados Test Match of the 1993/94 West Indies tour when Fraser took 8–75 in the first innings to help set up a famous victory, West Indies’ first defeat at Bridgetown for over half a century.
He spoke of his international days and the characters he played with and against the like of Phil Tufnell, Viv Richards and Brian Lara.
Angus staged a question and answer session, covering his experiences as an England selector and the recent Ashes series.
The March Town Cricket Club runs four Saturday senior teams, two Sunday senior teams and junior teams.
For more information, visit the March Town Cricket Club website: www.marchtowncricket.com
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall