March Town Cricket Club’s pavilion set for revamp in NatWest CricketForce scheme
THE pavilion at March Town Cricket Club is set for a revamp as part of a country-wide initiative called NatWest CricketForce.
The club’s ground - considered as one of the best in Cambridgeshire - will get a makeover as part of the scheme, which is described as “Groundforce meets Changing Rooms”.
The English Cricket Board (ECB) initiative sees members, volunteers and local businesses pitch in to maintain the local cricket club.
March’s ground will get a spring clean on Saturday March 26. Jobs on the day will include renovating the scorebox, cleaning the pavilion, repairing fences and organising all the cricket kit.
The club are appealing for volunteers to join them in the refurbishments. The day starts at 9.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
All helpers will receive a free NatWest CricketForce t-shirt and a free fish and chip lunch.
If you require any further information please contact the club on: 01354 652029.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
• Junior cricket coaching sessions are also continuing on Sunday 13th March, Sunday 27th March and Sunday 3rd April at Neale-Wade Community College in March.
Under-11 boys 12noon-1pm, under-13 & under-15 boys 1pm-2pm and girls 2pm-3pm. Spaces are still available at �2 per session.