March Town Cricket Club starts season with revamp
- Credit: Archant
March Town Cricket Club is revamping as part of a country-wide initiative called Cricket Force.
Cricket Force, sponsored by Nationwide Bank, is designed to bring local communities closer together and to ensure grounds and facilities are ready for the new season.
It takes place on Saturday March 24 between 9am and 4pm.
Tasks throughout the day will be carried out to get the club ready for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
• Putting the plastic covers onto metal frames.
• Prepare score box for the new season.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
• Remove fencing, cut & prepare the cricket square.
• Clear debris from the outfield and level where necessary.
• Stain the driveway fence.
• Complete an inventory of the kit store.
• Repair fencing around the ground.
• Get boundary rope out.
• Clear out the driveway dyke.
They are calling for help from members and supporters.
A spokesman for the club said: “All help will be gratefully received, even just a couple of hours.
“Everyone that helps out will receive a free Cricket Force tee shirt and tea, coffee and biscuits.
“Remember it is your local club and your help is required to maintain a ground which is considered by many as one of the best in Cambridgeshire.”