March Town Cricket Club starts season with revamp
- Credit: Archant
March Town Cricket Club is revamping as part of a country-wide initiative called Cricket Force.
Cricket Force, sponsored by Nationwide Bank, is designed to bring local communities closer together and to ensure grounds and facilities are ready for the new season.
It takes place on Saturday March 24 between 9am and 4pm.
Tasks throughout the day will be carried out to get the club ready for the new season.
• Putting the plastic covers onto metal frames.
• Prepare score box for the new season.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 3 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
• Remove fencing, cut & prepare the cricket square.
• Clear debris from the outfield and level where necessary.
• Stain the driveway fence.
• Complete an inventory of the kit store.
• Repair fencing around the ground.
• Get boundary rope out.
• Clear out the driveway dyke.
They are calling for help from members and supporters.
A spokesman for the club said: “All help will be gratefully received, even just a couple of hours.
“Everyone that helps out will receive a free Cricket Force tee shirt and tea, coffee and biscuits.
“Remember it is your local club and your help is required to maintain a ground which is considered by many as one of the best in Cambridgeshire.”