March Town Cricket Club starts season with revamp
- Credit: Archant
March Town Cricket Club is revamping as part of a country-wide initiative called Cricket Force.
Cricket Force, sponsored by Nationwide Bank, is designed to bring local communities closer together and to ensure grounds and facilities are ready for the new season.
It takes place on Saturday March 24 between 9am and 4pm.
Tasks throughout the day will be carried out to get the club ready for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
• Putting the plastic covers onto metal frames.
• Prepare score box for the new season.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
• Remove fencing, cut & prepare the cricket square.
• Clear debris from the outfield and level where necessary.
• Stain the driveway fence.
• Complete an inventory of the kit store.
• Repair fencing around the ground.
• Get boundary rope out.
• Clear out the driveway dyke.
They are calling for help from members and supporters.
A spokesman for the club said: “All help will be gratefully received, even just a couple of hours.
“Everyone that helps out will receive a free Cricket Force tee shirt and tea, coffee and biscuits.
“Remember it is your local club and your help is required to maintain a ground which is considered by many as one of the best in Cambridgeshire.”