March Town Cricket Club starts season with revamp
- Credit: Archant
March Town Cricket Club is revamping as part of a country-wide initiative called Cricket Force.
Cricket Force, sponsored by Nationwide Bank, is designed to bring local communities closer together and to ensure grounds and facilities are ready for the new season.
It takes place on Saturday March 24 between 9am and 4pm.
Tasks throughout the day will be carried out to get the club ready for the new season.
• Putting the plastic covers onto metal frames.
• Prepare score box for the new season.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
• Remove fencing, cut & prepare the cricket square.
• Clear debris from the outfield and level where necessary.
• Stain the driveway fence.
• Complete an inventory of the kit store.
• Repair fencing around the ground.
• Get boundary rope out.
• Clear out the driveway dyke.
They are calling for help from members and supporters.
A spokesman for the club said: “All help will be gratefully received, even just a couple of hours.
“Everyone that helps out will receive a free Cricket Force tee shirt and tea, coffee and biscuits.
“Remember it is your local club and your help is required to maintain a ground which is considered by many as one of the best in Cambridgeshire.”