March Town Hockey Club celebrate inspired season as men’s firsts lift trophy
IT was celebration time for March Town Hockey Club last week as the first team were presented with their league trophy at their annual meeting.
The successful March firsts claimed the East Men’s League Division Two title after an inspired season. Club president Ray Pescud presented captain James Mansfield with the coveted trophy last Wednesday.
Celebrations continued for the ladies’ first team who gained promotion from the Cambridgeshire Ladies League Division Two. Paul Wing, Landlord of The Ship and proprietor of The Crackling Creek Catering Company, also presented a cheque of �800 to the club.
Sue Heaver, a member of the club since the early 70’s, was awarded an Honourary Life Membership and chairman Neil Liversedge said there was much to look forward to for next season.
Then men’s first will be playing at their highest ever level and the club are looking to re-establish their junior section for 11-16-year-olds.
You may also want to watch:
Next season is set to already conclude in gold-medal style as the club has gained tickets to watch hockey at the 2012 Olympics in London.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site