March Town Hockey Club celebrate inspired season as men’s firsts lift trophy
IT was celebration time for March Town Hockey Club last week as the first team were presented with their league trophy at their annual meeting.
The successful March firsts claimed the East Men’s League Division Two title after an inspired season. Club president Ray Pescud presented captain James Mansfield with the coveted trophy last Wednesday.
Celebrations continued for the ladies’ first team who gained promotion from the Cambridgeshire Ladies League Division Two. Paul Wing, Landlord of The Ship and proprietor of The Crackling Creek Catering Company, also presented a cheque of �800 to the club.
Sue Heaver, a member of the club since the early 70’s, was awarded an Honourary Life Membership and chairman Neil Liversedge said there was much to look forward to for next season.
Then men’s first will be playing at their highest ever level and the club are looking to re-establish their junior section for 11-16-year-olds.
You may also want to watch:
Next season is set to already conclude in gold-medal style as the club has gained tickets to watch hockey at the 2012 Olympics in London.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 7 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road