March Town Hockey Club celebrate inspired season as men’s firsts lift trophy
IT was celebration time for March Town Hockey Club last week as the first team were presented with their league trophy at their annual meeting.
The successful March firsts claimed the East Men’s League Division Two title after an inspired season. Club president Ray Pescud presented captain James Mansfield with the coveted trophy last Wednesday.
Celebrations continued for the ladies’ first team who gained promotion from the Cambridgeshire Ladies League Division Two. Paul Wing, Landlord of The Ship and proprietor of The Crackling Creek Catering Company, also presented a cheque of �800 to the club.
Sue Heaver, a member of the club since the early 70’s, was awarded an Honourary Life Membership and chairman Neil Liversedge said there was much to look forward to for next season.
Then men’s first will be playing at their highest ever level and the club are looking to re-establish their junior section for 11-16-year-olds.
You may also want to watch:
Next season is set to already conclude in gold-medal style as the club has gained tickets to watch hockey at the 2012 Olympics in London.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats