March Town Hockey Club’s men’s first team begin pre-season campaign with derby victory
MARCH Town Hockey Club’s men’s first team began their preparations for a historic season with a 6-4 friendly win over rivals Ely.
Rob Mitchell’s hat-trick helped March - who will play at their highest ever level, Division One of the East Men’s Hockey League in the new season - to the morale-boosting victory.
Ash Welland (2) and Ed Batt scored March’s other goals as the side’s confidence builds ahead of Tuesday’s friendly with Long Sutton at the Peele Leisure Centre. Push back is 7.30pm.
Elsewhere, March Ladies got thumped 6-0 by Spalding in their first Cambridgeshire Ladies League Division One Cup game of the season after starting the game with just nine players.
Club chairman Neil Liversedge said: “Our men’s first team will be played their highest standard ever and the boys are looking forward to showing how good they can be.
You may also want to watch:
“We are always on the look out for new members and we encourage anyone who fancies having a go to come along to one of our training sessions.”
For more details contact Liversedge on 07886 978329.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies