March Town Hockey Club’s men’s first team begin pre-season campaign with derby victory
MARCH Town Hockey Club’s men’s first team began their preparations for a historic season with a 6-4 friendly win over rivals Ely.
Rob Mitchell’s hat-trick helped March - who will play at their highest ever level, Division One of the East Men’s Hockey League in the new season - to the morale-boosting victory.
Ash Welland (2) and Ed Batt scored March’s other goals as the side’s confidence builds ahead of Tuesday’s friendly with Long Sutton at the Peele Leisure Centre. Push back is 7.30pm.
Elsewhere, March Ladies got thumped 6-0 by Spalding in their first Cambridgeshire Ladies League Division One Cup game of the season after starting the game with just nine players.
Club chairman Neil Liversedge said: “Our men’s first team will be played their highest standard ever and the boys are looking forward to showing how good they can be.
“We are always on the look out for new members and we encourage anyone who fancies having a go to come along to one of our training sessions.”
For more details contact Liversedge on 07886 978329.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing