Devastating display sees March slump to league defeat
- Credit: Steve Hone
Six goals inside 22 first half minutes saw March Town Ladies slump to a third straight defeat in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
The Hares did have a chance to regroup, but it proved a mere consolation in their 9-3 loss to Peterborough Northern Star Ladies Reserves on Sunday.
A well-played one-two between Abby Grist and Eliseia Ciuciulete led to the former pulling a goal back from close range, before the same player chipped the visiting goalkeeper to make it 6-2 at half-time.
But after the break, Northern Star scored on the counter-attack as March scored their final goal of the day thanks to Ewe Jerzak.
Adele Munday also rattled the crossbar as the Hares battled against one of the top two contenders.
Hares boss Gary Davis said: “We were playing one of the top teams and after our crazy start and woke up, it was a decent performance.”
March have a chance to affect the outcome of who claims the title when they travel to second-placed Netherton United Ladies, who if they win, will be crowned champions on June 20.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement