Football: March Town Ladies end year on a high
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies ended the year on a winning note with a 5-3 success over S Tech Premier League leaders ICA Ladies.
Georgia Brown opened the scoring after a great through ball from Emma Searle, but ICA levelled when the Hares failed to clear a free-kick.
Naomi McGarvie put March back in front with only her second touch after coming off the bench, only for ICA to make it 2-2 at the break.
McGarvie saw her second goal of the game quickly cancelled out after the restart but Louise Barbour’s pass sent player of the match Adele Munday away to fire into the roof of the net.
Emma Frost completed the Hares tally with an emphatic finish, before ICA saw their manager sent to the stands and their keeper sent off.
And the win moves March, who are unbeaten since October, up to a comfortable fourth place in the table heading into the festive break.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed