Football: March Town Ladies end year on a high
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies ended the year on a winning note with a 5-3 success over S Tech Premier League leaders ICA Ladies.
Georgia Brown opened the scoring after a great through ball from Emma Searle, but ICA levelled when the Hares failed to clear a free-kick.
Naomi McGarvie put March back in front with only her second touch after coming off the bench, only for ICA to make it 2-2 at the break.
McGarvie saw her second goal of the game quickly cancelled out after the restart but Louise Barbour’s pass sent player of the match Adele Munday away to fire into the roof of the net.
Emma Frost completed the Hares tally with an emphatic finish, before ICA saw their manager sent to the stands and their keeper sent off.
You may also want to watch:
And the win moves March, who are unbeaten since October, up to a comfortable fourth place in the table heading into the festive break.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s