Football: March Town Ladies end year on a high
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies ended the year on a winning note with a 5-3 success over S Tech Premier League leaders ICA Ladies.
Georgia Brown opened the scoring after a great through ball from Emma Searle, but ICA levelled when the Hares failed to clear a free-kick.
Naomi McGarvie put March back in front with only her second touch after coming off the bench, only for ICA to make it 2-2 at the break.
McGarvie saw her second goal of the game quickly cancelled out after the restart but Louise Barbour’s pass sent player of the match Adele Munday away to fire into the roof of the net.
Emma Frost completed the Hares tally with an emphatic finish, before ICA saw their manager sent to the stands and their keeper sent off.
You may also want to watch:
And the win moves March, who are unbeaten since October, up to a comfortable fourth place in the table heading into the festive break.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart