WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies finish as runners-up in Armed Forces six-a-side tournament
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies are used to go into battle on the pitch – but last week the Hares went up against sides who are used to battles of a very different kind.
Gary Davis’ side were invited to take part in the Armed Force six-a-side Ladies Cup in Grantham and there they faced nine other teams – all from the army.
March were the only civilian team to take to the pitch and the impressed, winning five games and drawing two before losing to winners 29 Logistics Corp in the final.
Manager Davis said: “The team had a fantastic couple of days away and the army were great hosts.
“Most of the teams were very physical which made it a great challenge for the ladies and some are nursing their bruises!
You may also want to watch:
“It was an honour to be part of a military event and the team did me proud both on and off the pitch.”
Having now played in competitions with the army and the RAF, March will be playing a friendly against the Royal Logistic Corp team in the New Year and are also organising an inter-service and civilian tournament.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
Any female clubs interested in being involved should contact Gary for further details on 07824 337771.