March Town Ladies draw with Leverington in season finale
- Credit: March Town Ladies
March Town Ladies completed their Cambs League Division One season with a bruising draw against Leverington.
Both sides were struggling with injuries but able to field strong teams for the derby clash.
Play was confined mostly the midfield in a tight first half, as defences held firm.
Leverington's Sophie Swinden forced a good save from Hares keeper Peggy Thurlby, as Meg Ratcliffe went close for the visitors.
Swinden put her side ahead from a free-kick on 50 minutes, but the Hares rallied, with Abby Grist making the Leverington keeper work hard.
Leverington's Katie Garner and March's Liv Holden received their marching orders on 70 minutes as tempers began to boil over.
And it looked like the hosts would hold on until Becky Russell scored a brilliant equaliser, collecting the ball out side and beating a defender before firing a dipping 25-yard shot over the keeper.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man charged following Peterborough murder
Ewe Jerzak was named player of the match for March.