Park Ladies beat March Town in derby clash
- Credit: Steve Hone
Park Ladies won 3-0 away to March Town Ladies in a Cambs League Cup derby clash on Sunday (October 24).
March Town Ladies were left disappointed with the result.
Park started well and Sydney Davis cleared off the line. At the other end, Abby Grist had a great cross which Emma Corbyn almost headed in.
Park took the lead for a close-range effort and then defended well to blunt the Hares attack.
Park scored a well worked second on 40 minutes.
The Hares raised their game for the second half and responded well, with their Player of the Match Elie Godley causing trouble on the right wing.
Grist had a shot well saved by the Park keeper and Adele Munday hit the post, but Park finished the score with a third on the break in the last minute.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
The Hares return to league action on Sunday against Fulbourne.