March Town Ladies out of cup while Doddington seal great win over rivals Outwell
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies put in a brave performance against Newmarket but they are out of the Ladies S Tech League Cup after a 2-1 second leg loss at the GER on Sunday.
They went in to the game 4-2 down after the first leg but, on 15 minutes, Emma Searle put the Hares right back in the tie with her sixth goal in six games.
Newmarket equalised despite the best efforts of player of the match Hannah Johnson and Keeper Carly Oakley.
On the stroke of half time, Newmarket got another. Despite the Hares’ second half battling performance they couldn’t find the net.
Goals by Craig Gillies (2), Gary Smith and Joe Waters helped Doddington United put up a stunning 4-1 win at Cambs Senior B title rivals Outwell Swifts.
You may also want to watch:
The win sees Doddington leapfrog Outwell into second. Both sides trial leaders Barrington by six points.
Also in Cambs Senior B, Wimblington drew 4-4 with Witchford 96.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
In the Cambs Premier League, Wisbech St Mary picked up an impressive 1-1 draw at leaders Fulbourn Institute.
James Harness scored but Chatteris Town are out of the William Cocknell Memorial Cup after losing 2-1 at Cambridge University Press.
March Town United Reserves thrashed Chatteris Town Reserves 6-1 in NMC 1B. Sean White hot a hat-trick, Jason Harrison, Liam Lorraine and Lewis Welcher scored for the Hares. Anton Kaval bagged the Lilies’ goal.
Manea United lost 4-2 to Eaton Socon Reserves 4-2 in the Creake Charity Shield.
Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic have been displaced at the top of the Peterborough and District league after losing 2-1 to Peterborough Sports Reserves. Matthew Heron got the goal.
Mariusz Kudyba scored but Leverington sports lost 2-1 at Stilton United.