March Town Ladies out of cup while Doddington seal great win over rivals Outwell
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies put in a brave performance against Newmarket but they are out of the Ladies S Tech League Cup after a 2-1 second leg loss at the GER on Sunday.
They went in to the game 4-2 down after the first leg but, on 15 minutes, Emma Searle put the Hares right back in the tie with her sixth goal in six games.
Newmarket equalised despite the best efforts of player of the match Hannah Johnson and Keeper Carly Oakley.
On the stroke of half time, Newmarket got another. Despite the Hares’ second half battling performance they couldn’t find the net.
Goals by Craig Gillies (2), Gary Smith and Joe Waters helped Doddington United put up a stunning 4-1 win at Cambs Senior B title rivals Outwell Swifts.
The win sees Doddington leapfrog Outwell into second. Both sides trial leaders Barrington by six points.
Also in Cambs Senior B, Wimblington drew 4-4 with Witchford 96.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 4 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 5 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
In the Cambs Premier League, Wisbech St Mary picked up an impressive 1-1 draw at leaders Fulbourn Institute.
James Harness scored but Chatteris Town are out of the William Cocknell Memorial Cup after losing 2-1 at Cambridge University Press.
March Town United Reserves thrashed Chatteris Town Reserves 6-1 in NMC 1B. Sean White hot a hat-trick, Jason Harrison, Liam Lorraine and Lewis Welcher scored for the Hares. Anton Kaval bagged the Lilies’ goal.
Manea United lost 4-2 to Eaton Socon Reserves 4-2 in the Creake Charity Shield.
Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic have been displaced at the top of the Peterborough and District league after losing 2-1 to Peterborough Sports Reserves. Matthew Heron got the goal.
Mariusz Kudyba scored but Leverington sports lost 2-1 at Stilton United.