March Town Ladies out of cup while Doddington seal great win over rivals Outwell
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies put in a brave performance against Newmarket but they are out of the Ladies S Tech League Cup after a 2-1 second leg loss at the GER on Sunday.
They went in to the game 4-2 down after the first leg but, on 15 minutes, Emma Searle put the Hares right back in the tie with her sixth goal in six games.
Newmarket equalised despite the best efforts of player of the match Hannah Johnson and Keeper Carly Oakley.
On the stroke of half time, Newmarket got another. Despite the Hares’ second half battling performance they couldn’t find the net.
Goals by Craig Gillies (2), Gary Smith and Joe Waters helped Doddington United put up a stunning 4-1 win at Cambs Senior B title rivals Outwell Swifts.
The win sees Doddington leapfrog Outwell into second. Both sides trial leaders Barrington by six points.
Also in Cambs Senior B, Wimblington drew 4-4 with Witchford 96.
- 1 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
In the Cambs Premier League, Wisbech St Mary picked up an impressive 1-1 draw at leaders Fulbourn Institute.
James Harness scored but Chatteris Town are out of the William Cocknell Memorial Cup after losing 2-1 at Cambridge University Press.
March Town United Reserves thrashed Chatteris Town Reserves 6-1 in NMC 1B. Sean White hot a hat-trick, Jason Harrison, Liam Lorraine and Lewis Welcher scored for the Hares. Anton Kaval bagged the Lilies’ goal.
Manea United lost 4-2 to Eaton Socon Reserves 4-2 in the Creake Charity Shield.
Whittlesey (Coates) Athletic have been displaced at the top of the Peterborough and District league after losing 2-1 to Peterborough Sports Reserves. Matthew Heron got the goal.
Mariusz Kudyba scored but Leverington sports lost 2-1 at Stilton United.