Centurion Adele fails to inspire March against league leaders
- Credit: Steve Hone
It was not the way March Town Ladies player Adele Munday wanted to mark her hundredth appearance as three goals inside 10 minutes led to her side's downfall.
The Hares conceded three goals in 10 first half minutes in their opening match with leaders Cambridge University Women, before battling back in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division on May 23.
Eleanor Mcleish’s volley went close, while Abby Grist’s effort was saved by the visitors before Cambridge grabbed a fourth at Estover playing fields.
Gary Davis’ side showed improvement in the second game as they searched for a response, Mcleish going close, but the leaders struck on the stroke of half-time.
Despite March’s heavy pressure on the University defence, three late goals ensured the hosts were resigned to three league defeats in a row.
You may also want to watch:
March now prepare for back-to-back away trips, first to Fenland neighbours Whittlesey Athletic Ladies tonight, 6.45pm, before going to Cambridge City Ladies 3rds on Sunday, May 30, 2pm.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 6 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 7 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 8 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 9 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 10 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash