Centurion Adele fails to inspire March against league leaders
- Credit: Steve Hone
It was not the way March Town Ladies player Adele Munday wanted to mark her hundredth appearance as three goals inside 10 minutes led to her side's downfall.
The Hares conceded three goals in 10 first half minutes in their opening match with leaders Cambridge University Women, before battling back in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division on May 23.
Eleanor Mcleish’s volley went close, while Abby Grist’s effort was saved by the visitors before Cambridge grabbed a fourth at Estover playing fields.
Gary Davis’ side showed improvement in the second game as they searched for a response, Mcleish going close, but the leaders struck on the stroke of half-time.
Despite March’s heavy pressure on the University defence, three late goals ensured the hosts were resigned to three league defeats in a row.
You may also want to watch:
March now prepare for back-to-back away trips, first to Fenland neighbours Whittlesey Athletic Ladies tonight, 6.45pm, before going to Cambridge City Ladies 3rds on Sunday, May 30, 2pm.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 8 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 9 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 10 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack