March Town manager looking to bring in new faces
Ridgeons Division One - Halstead 2 March Town United 1
HARES manager Jamie Weston is desperately seeking three new players after his side slumped to a 2-1 defeat at Halstead.
Mark Welcher’s second-half goal was not enough to get March Town United back into the game as they failed to collect their first points of the season.
Weston wants new faces after admitting his team have struggled at both ends of the pitch so far this season.
He said: “We are giving away soft goals and can’t take our chances.
You may also want to watch:
“We are creating a lot of opportunities but can’t put them away. With the fact we are making silly mistakes at the back it’s clearly not a good combination.
“We’re short of two or three players and that’s the hardest bit. We’re that close to being a really good team and we need a full-back another midfield player but at the top of the list is a centre-forward, which would be massive for us.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
“The trouble we have is competing with other teams. The board have worked really hard to support us in terms of budget but centre-forward’s are always difficult to get as they cost a lot of money.
“25 goal a season strikers are hard to come by. We’ve got Nathan Steel coming back after a year out with an injury. I’m hopeful that he can be that player but it’ll take time. We’ve just got to get on with it in the meantime.”
March: Brookes, Richardson, M.Welcher, Sutton, Day, Norman, Wheeler, Roddis, Pepper, Brand, Escorcio - Subs used: Bates, S.Welcher, Rowell