March Town manager looking to bring in new faces
Ridgeons Division One - Halstead 2 March Town United 1
HARES manager Jamie Weston is desperately seeking three new players after his side slumped to a 2-1 defeat at Halstead.
Mark Welcher’s second-half goal was not enough to get March Town United back into the game as they failed to collect their first points of the season.
Weston wants new faces after admitting his team have struggled at both ends of the pitch so far this season.
He said: “We are giving away soft goals and can’t take our chances.
“We are creating a lot of opportunities but can’t put them away. With the fact we are making silly mistakes at the back it’s clearly not a good combination.
“We’re short of two or three players and that’s the hardest bit. We’re that close to being a really good team and we need a full-back another midfield player but at the top of the list is a centre-forward, which would be massive for us.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
“The trouble we have is competing with other teams. The board have worked really hard to support us in terms of budget but centre-forward’s are always difficult to get as they cost a lot of money.
“25 goal a season strikers are hard to come by. We’ve got Nathan Steel coming back after a year out with an injury. I’m hopeful that he can be that player but it’ll take time. We’ve just got to get on with it in the meantime.”
March: Brookes, Richardson, M.Welcher, Sutton, Day, Norman, Wheeler, Roddis, Pepper, Brand, Escorcio - Subs used: Bates, S.Welcher, Rowell