March Town manager looking to bring in new faces
Ridgeons Division One - Halstead 2 March Town United 1
HARES manager Jamie Weston is desperately seeking three new players after his side slumped to a 2-1 defeat at Halstead.
Mark Welcher’s second-half goal was not enough to get March Town United back into the game as they failed to collect their first points of the season.
Weston wants new faces after admitting his team have struggled at both ends of the pitch so far this season.
He said: “We are giving away soft goals and can’t take our chances.
You may also want to watch:
“We are creating a lot of opportunities but can’t put them away. With the fact we are making silly mistakes at the back it’s clearly not a good combination.
“We’re short of two or three players and that’s the hardest bit. We’re that close to being a really good team and we need a full-back another midfield player but at the top of the list is a centre-forward, which would be massive for us.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
“The trouble we have is competing with other teams. The board have worked really hard to support us in terms of budget but centre-forward’s are always difficult to get as they cost a lot of money.
“25 goal a season strikers are hard to come by. We’ve got Nathan Steel coming back after a year out with an injury. I’m hopeful that he can be that player but it’ll take time. We’ve just got to get on with it in the meantime.”
March: Brookes, Richardson, M.Welcher, Sutton, Day, Norman, Wheeler, Roddis, Pepper, Brand, Escorcio - Subs used: Bates, S.Welcher, Rowell