Cricket: March Town members join Cricket Force movement
- Credit: Archant
March Town CC took part in the annual Natwest Cricket Force event at the weekend.
An ECB initiative to ensure all club grounds and facilities are ready for the season, it saw members complete various jobs ahead of the first game on April 13.
Tasks undertaken included putting plastic sheets on mobile covers, getting the double-bay nets and scorebox in working order and repairing or replacing fencing around the ground.
The driveway fence, spectator seats and tool shed were repaired and stained, while car park gravel was levelled and the outfield harrowed.
Club chairman Les Mills said: “I would like to thank all the members who helped to prepare the ground and facilities for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
“It would have been a lovely day to play cricket and ideal to get all the jobs we wanted done completed on the day.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick