CRICKET: March Town crown their players of the year at presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
March Town marked the end of the season with their annual presentation evening last weekend.
While the club endured a disappointing season, with the first team finishing in the bottom two in Division One of the Whiting & Partners League, there was much to smile about for many of the club’s players with individual awards being won.
On presentation duty was chairman of the Whiting & Partners League, Keith Coburn.
He handed the first team player of the year prize to captain Tyler Phillips and the Sunday first team award to Steve Coe.
James Harradine won Saturday second team player of the year, while Jacob Gray won the Sunday second team award.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Mason claimed the thirds player of the year gong, while James Mortlock won the same prize for the fourth team.
Spencer Saberton won young player of the year, second team star Curtis Oldroyd was named most improved player and Terry Hunt was named clubman of the year.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 8 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 9 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 10 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack