CRICKET: March Town crown their players of the year at presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
March Town marked the end of the season with their annual presentation evening last weekend.
While the club endured a disappointing season, with the first team finishing in the bottom two in Division One of the Whiting & Partners League, there was much to smile about for many of the club’s players with individual awards being won.
On presentation duty was chairman of the Whiting & Partners League, Keith Coburn.
He handed the first team player of the year prize to captain Tyler Phillips and the Sunday first team award to Steve Coe.
James Harradine won Saturday second team player of the year, while Jacob Gray won the Sunday second team award.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Mason claimed the thirds player of the year gong, while James Mortlock won the same prize for the fourth team.
Spencer Saberton won young player of the year, second team star Curtis Oldroyd was named most improved player and Terry Hunt was named clubman of the year.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely