March Town CC start season with good win
- Credit: Archant
March Town made a winning start to the delayed 2020 season against Cambridge seconds at Caldecote.
Cambridge batted first in the Whiting’s League Division One contest and made 198-8 from their 40 overs.
They had good contributions from Sacha Abbassi (61), Theodore Aubrey (34) and Felix Serby (30), while new club captain Andrew Wright shone brightest with the ball for March as he finished with figures of 3-46.
Shardul Brahmbhatt (2-27) and Sam Clarke (2-44) gave their skipper good support, before March went on to claim a five-wicket victory with 4.4 overs remaining.
Andrew George hit a six and eight fours in his unbeaten 61 to lead the way, while Brahmbhatt completed a good all-round performance with 29.
You may also want to watch:
Curtis Oldroyd (26) and Nathan Oliver (23) also chipped in with useful runs for March, who host St Ives Town & Warboys on Saturday (12.30pm).
The thirds lost to Wimblington firsts in their friendly after posting 205-6 in 40 overs.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Shae Pooley retired out on 50, with Barrie Carter (46), Scott Welcher (32) and James Harradine (25) also making good starts.
But Wimblington secured a four-wicket win with 5.4 overs to spare, thanks largely to 74 from Conner Porter.
Steven Coe (2-37) and Sam Mason (2-49) nabbed braces for March.