HOCKEY: March Town suffer first defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
High-flying March Town were handed their first defeat of the season at the weekend.
The local lads, who sit in third in Division Three North-West of the East Leagues, went down 4-3 to Bourne Deeping 2nds.
Doogie Patterson, David Hodson and Toby Odlin netted for March but Bourne produced a well-drilled display to take the points.
March 2nds were also on the end of a defeat in Division Five North-West, losing 5-1 to St Ives 3rds.
March’s only female side in action, the first team, were also involved in a high-scoring game in Division Three North-West, but couldn’t take home the points.
You may also want to watch:
They came up against a Cambridge University 3rds side in fine form and couldn’t stop them running in four goals in a 4-2 defeat. Felicity Allen and Louise Roberts were the scorers for March, who now sit third-from-bottom in the league standings.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog