HOCKEY: March Town suffer first defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
High-flying March Town were handed their first defeat of the season at the weekend.
The local lads, who sit in third in Division Three North-West of the East Leagues, went down 4-3 to Bourne Deeping 2nds.
Doogie Patterson, David Hodson and Toby Odlin netted for March but Bourne produced a well-drilled display to take the points.
March 2nds were also on the end of a defeat in Division Five North-West, losing 5-1 to St Ives 3rds.
March’s only female side in action, the first team, were also involved in a high-scoring game in Division Three North-West, but couldn’t take home the points.
You may also want to watch:
They came up against a Cambridge University 3rds side in fine form and couldn’t stop them running in four goals in a 4-2 defeat. Felicity Allen and Louise Roberts were the scorers for March, who now sit third-from-bottom in the league standings.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road