HOCKEY: March Town suffer first defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
High-flying March Town were handed their first defeat of the season at the weekend.
The local lads, who sit in third in Division Three North-West of the East Leagues, went down 4-3 to Bourne Deeping 2nds.
Doogie Patterson, David Hodson and Toby Odlin netted for March but Bourne produced a well-drilled display to take the points.
March 2nds were also on the end of a defeat in Division Five North-West, losing 5-1 to St Ives 3rds.
March’s only female side in action, the first team, were also involved in a high-scoring game in Division Three North-West, but couldn’t take home the points.
They came up against a Cambridge University 3rds side in fine form and couldn’t stop them running in four goals in a 4-2 defeat. Felicity Allen and Louise Roberts were the scorers for March, who now sit third-from-bottom in the league standings.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing