HOCKEY: March Town suffer first defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
High-flying March Town were handed their first defeat of the season at the weekend.
The local lads, who sit in third in Division Three North-West of the East Leagues, went down 4-3 to Bourne Deeping 2nds.
Doogie Patterson, David Hodson and Toby Odlin netted for March but Bourne produced a well-drilled display to take the points.
March 2nds were also on the end of a defeat in Division Five North-West, losing 5-1 to St Ives 3rds.
March’s only female side in action, the first team, were also involved in a high-scoring game in Division Three North-West, but couldn’t take home the points.
You may also want to watch:
They came up against a Cambridge University 3rds side in fine form and couldn’t stop them running in four goals in a 4-2 defeat. Felicity Allen and Louise Roberts were the scorers for March, who now sit third-from-bottom in the league standings.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments