HOCKEY: March Town suffer first defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
High-flying March Town were handed their first defeat of the season at the weekend.
The local lads, who sit in third in Division Three North-West of the East Leagues, went down 4-3 to Bourne Deeping 2nds.
Doogie Patterson, David Hodson and Toby Odlin netted for March but Bourne produced a well-drilled display to take the points.
March 2nds were also on the end of a defeat in Division Five North-West, losing 5-1 to St Ives 3rds.
March’s only female side in action, the first team, were also involved in a high-scoring game in Division Three North-West, but couldn’t take home the points.
You may also want to watch:
They came up against a Cambridge University 3rds side in fine form and couldn’t stop them running in four goals in a 4-2 defeat. Felicity Allen and Louise Roberts were the scorers for March, who now sit third-from-bottom in the league standings.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now