March Town United 1 - 2 Fakenham Town
- Credit: Archant
HARES boss Paul Crosbie was left to bemoan his side’s carelessness after they lost 2-1 at home to Fakenham Town.
The result leaves March Town United 12th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
Danny Emmington scored the Hares only goal.
Crosbie said: “It was disappointing. Once again we were the architects of our own downfall.
“The first half encapsulated our season. We did all right in spells but had a crazy 10 minutes and conceded two sloppy goals.
“We did not give up and at the end of the day a draw would have been a fair result. We were far from terrific but we did not play badly.”
March Town United’s next league game is against promotion contenders Brightingsea Regent at the GER on Saturday.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
The Hares upset Brightlingsea 2-1 at their own ground back in September but Crosbie is under no illusions about the size of task his team faces tomorrow.
He said: “They are vying for promotion so they are going to be bang up for it. We beat them at their place and to be fair it was a smash and grab. They will come at us.
“We need to show the same level of commitment as against Fakenham but need more quality in our play and to cut out the silly mistakes.
“I still maintain we can beat anyone in the league on our day.”