March Town United 1 - 2 Fakenham Town
- Credit: Archant
HARES boss Paul Crosbie was left to bemoan his side’s carelessness after they lost 2-1 at home to Fakenham Town.
The result leaves March Town United 12th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
Danny Emmington scored the Hares only goal.
Crosbie said: “It was disappointing. Once again we were the architects of our own downfall.
“The first half encapsulated our season. We did all right in spells but had a crazy 10 minutes and conceded two sloppy goals.
You may also want to watch:
“We did not give up and at the end of the day a draw would have been a fair result. We were far from terrific but we did not play badly.”
March Town United’s next league game is against promotion contenders Brightingsea Regent at the GER on Saturday.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
The Hares upset Brightlingsea 2-1 at their own ground back in September but Crosbie is under no illusions about the size of task his team faces tomorrow.
He said: “They are vying for promotion so they are going to be bang up for it. We beat them at their place and to be fair it was a smash and grab. They will come at us.
“We need to show the same level of commitment as against Fakenham but need more quality in our play and to cut out the silly mistakes.
“I still maintain we can beat anyone in the league on our day.”