March Town United 1 - 2 Saffron Walden Town
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United lost 2-1 to ten-man Saffron Walden Town at the GER last night.
The Hares, who went into the game full of confidence after a thumping five goal win in their opening Thurlow Nunn First Division game at Cornard United on Saturday, were twice caught out by their tenacious opponents.
After a scoreless first half, Saffron had a man sent off for two bookable offences, the second one for a blatant dive.
But March, pushing for a winner, left themselves exposed in defence and conceded a goal on the break.
They went two goals behind when Saffron scored direct from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron McKenna pulled a goal back in the last minute but it proved too little too late.
March will hope to bounce back when they welcome Team Bury to the GER on Saturday.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million