March Town United 1 - 2 Saffron Walden Town
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United lost 2-1 to ten-man Saffron Walden Town at the GER last night.
The Hares, who went into the game full of confidence after a thumping five goal win in their opening Thurlow Nunn First Division game at Cornard United on Saturday, were twice caught out by their tenacious opponents.
After a scoreless first half, Saffron had a man sent off for two bookable offences, the second one for a blatant dive.
But March, pushing for a winner, left themselves exposed in defence and conceded a goal on the break.
They went two goals behind when Saffron scored direct from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron McKenna pulled a goal back in the last minute but it proved too little too late.
March will hope to bounce back when they welcome Team Bury to the GER on Saturday.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris