March Town United 1 - 2 Saffron Walden Town
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United lost 2-1 to ten-man Saffron Walden Town at the GER last night.
The Hares, who went into the game full of confidence after a thumping five goal win in their opening Thurlow Nunn First Division game at Cornard United on Saturday, were twice caught out by their tenacious opponents.
After a scoreless first half, Saffron had a man sent off for two bookable offences, the second one for a blatant dive.
But March, pushing for a winner, left themselves exposed in defence and conceded a goal on the break.
They went two goals behind when Saffron scored direct from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron McKenna pulled a goal back in the last minute but it proved too little too late.
March will hope to bounce back when they welcome Team Bury to the GER on Saturday.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years