March Town United 2 - 2 Downham Town - Merryweather bags brace but visitors snatch point at death
- Credit: Archant
March Town United were made to pay for their wastefulness in front of goal as they conceded a 97th minute equaliser last night.
Luke Pepper’s stunning solo goal gave the Hares a 1-0 win over King’s Lynn Town Reserves on Saturday.
The Hares were hoping to make it two home wins in a row against Downham Town. They got the perfect start - Liam Merryweather put them in front against Downham Town in the second minute.
The visitors levelled on the half hour but, two minutes into the second half, Merryweather restored the hosts lead.
The Hares should have put the game to bed but couldn’t get the decisive third goal. Six and a half minutes into injury time, Downham nicked a point from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Chris Bartlett said: “We dominated the game, especially the second half, but we didn’t take our chances.
“We had 15 opportunities. When you are only one goal up, you are always at risk. It’s very frustrating.”
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 4 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
March will once again be without key players Dan Woods and Lewis McManus at Team Bury on Monday.
Bartlett said it is up to the other players to step up and become more clinical in front of goal.
He said: “Since Dan Woods and Denny Escorcio have not been involved, we’ve lost a bit of edge up front. We need to make sure we become more ruthless.”