FA Cup: March Town 2 Wellingborough Town 1
- Credit: Archant
March Town booked their place in the FA Cup first qualifying round with success over Wellingborough on Saturday.
Having knocked Norwich United out of the competition earlier this month, they welcomed the Doughboys to the GER.
And Brett Whaley's men banked another £2,890 in prize money thanks to two goals from Jack Friend - taking his tally for the season into double figures already at 10 - in front of a crowd of 130.
Lloyd Buckby replied for the United Counties League Premier Division visitors, but March were deserved winners and now wait to see who they will face in the next round on the weekend of September 7-8.
The draw takes place on Tuesday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Whaley took to social media to show his delight, posting: "So proud of the players today. Brave in possession and disciplined without it. Today they stood up and showed what they are about. Into the hat on Tuesday!!! #upthehares."
The Hares turn their attention to the FA Vase next weekend, as they travel to Thurlow Nunn East League Division One North rivals Norwich CBS.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary