March Town United 3-1 Leiston Reserves: Hares make it three wins in a row with impressive victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town United won their third consecutive game with a deserved victory over Leiston Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on Saturday.
The Hares started well and were rewarded when Shane Cooke opened the scoring after being played through by Sean White.
Later in the half White himself had a chance, but could only hit the crossbar.
Goalkeeper David Beeny was forced off after half-time with a knee injury and Gerard Evans was forced to take his place in goal. Shortly after, skipper Max Mattless tucked away a penalty to double his side’s lead after a Leiston player handled in the area.
Leiston pulled a goal back with 10 minutes remaining, but man of the match Sean White restored the Hares’ two goal advantage three minutes from time after fizzing in an angled drive.
You may also want to watch:
March’s recent good form has seen them climb to sixth in the Thurlow Nunn First Division and they will be looking for a fourth consecutive win when they travel to Dereham Town Reserves tomorrow night.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile