March Town United 3-1 Leiston Reserves: Hares make it three wins in a row with impressive victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town United won their third consecutive game with a deserved victory over Leiston Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on Saturday.
The Hares started well and were rewarded when Shane Cooke opened the scoring after being played through by Sean White.
Later in the half White himself had a chance, but could only hit the crossbar.
Goalkeeper David Beeny was forced off after half-time with a knee injury and Gerard Evans was forced to take his place in goal. Shortly after, skipper Max Mattless tucked away a penalty to double his side’s lead after a Leiston player handled in the area.
Leiston pulled a goal back with 10 minutes remaining, but man of the match Sean White restored the Hares’ two goal advantage three minutes from time after fizzing in an angled drive.
You may also want to watch:
March’s recent good form has seen them climb to sixth in the Thurlow Nunn First Division and they will be looking for a fourth consecutive win when they travel to Dereham Town Reserves tomorrow night.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover