March Town United boss Crosbie: ‘Loanee Ogbonna can help us end horror run’
BOSS Paul Crosbie is confident Toby Ogbonna’s arrival on loan from Wisbech Town will inspire March Town United to end their horror run against Debenham LC tomorrow.
The Hares have lost their last six Thurlow Nunn First Division games and Crosbie believes the forward will give his team extra cutting edge in front of goal.
He said: “Wisbech manager Steve Appleby contacted me and said he would like Toby to get more game time and we were happy to help.
“Toby gives us a different option. He is quick and direct and his arrival creates more competition for places.
“In the last game we created 17 chances and if we can do that for him we have a good chance tomorrow.”
You may also want to watch:
Crosbie admitted the losing run had dented the players’ morale but he is convinced a change in fortunes is around the corner.
He said: “We have got a talented bunch of players but our confidence is knocked at the minute and it is difficult when things don’t go your way.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
“In the last four games we have always gone behind and we have lost belief in ourselves. We need a little bit of luck.”