March Town United boss Crosbie: ‘Loanee Ogbonna can help us end horror run’
BOSS Paul Crosbie is confident Toby Ogbonna’s arrival on loan from Wisbech Town will inspire March Town United to end their horror run against Debenham LC tomorrow.
The Hares have lost their last six Thurlow Nunn First Division games and Crosbie believes the forward will give his team extra cutting edge in front of goal.
He said: “Wisbech manager Steve Appleby contacted me and said he would like Toby to get more game time and we were happy to help.
“Toby gives us a different option. He is quick and direct and his arrival creates more competition for places.
“In the last game we created 17 chances and if we can do that for him we have a good chance tomorrow.”
You may also want to watch:
Crosbie admitted the losing run had dented the players’ morale but he is convinced a change in fortunes is around the corner.
He said: “We have got a talented bunch of players but our confidence is knocked at the minute and it is difficult when things don’t go your way.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
“In the last four games we have always gone behind and we have lost belief in ourselves. We need a little bit of luck.”