March Town United boss Crosbie: ‘Loanee Ogbonna can help us end horror run’
BOSS Paul Crosbie is confident Toby Ogbonna’s arrival on loan from Wisbech Town will inspire March Town United to end their horror run against Debenham LC tomorrow.
The Hares have lost their last six Thurlow Nunn First Division games and Crosbie believes the forward will give his team extra cutting edge in front of goal.
He said: “Wisbech manager Steve Appleby contacted me and said he would like Toby to get more game time and we were happy to help.
“Toby gives us a different option. He is quick and direct and his arrival creates more competition for places.
“In the last game we created 17 chances and if we can do that for him we have a good chance tomorrow.”
Crosbie admitted the losing run had dented the players’ morale but he is convinced a change in fortunes is around the corner.
He said: “We have got a talented bunch of players but our confidence is knocked at the minute and it is difficult when things don’t go your way.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
“In the last four games we have always gone behind and we have lost belief in ourselves. We need a little bit of luck.”