March Town United boss Crosbie: ‘Loanee Ogbonna can help us end horror run’
BOSS Paul Crosbie is confident Toby Ogbonna’s arrival on loan from Wisbech Town will inspire March Town United to end their horror run against Debenham LC tomorrow.
The Hares have lost their last six Thurlow Nunn First Division games and Crosbie believes the forward will give his team extra cutting edge in front of goal.
He said: “Wisbech manager Steve Appleby contacted me and said he would like Toby to get more game time and we were happy to help.
“Toby gives us a different option. He is quick and direct and his arrival creates more competition for places.
“In the last game we created 17 chances and if we can do that for him we have a good chance tomorrow.”
You may also want to watch:
Crosbie admitted the losing run had dented the players’ morale but he is convinced a change in fortunes is around the corner.
He said: “We have got a talented bunch of players but our confidence is knocked at the minute and it is difficult when things don’t go your way.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 7 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 8 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
“In the last four games we have always gone behind and we have lost belief in ourselves. We need a little bit of luck.”