March Town United boss rubbishes six-pointer claims
HARES’ manager Jamie Weston has rubbished claims that Saturday’s basement-battle with Cornard United is a six-pointer.
March have yet to win in the league this season and are currently bottom of the Ridgeons First Divison.
Cornard United sit directly above March, but have played three games more, and Weston belives he’s seen enough this season to know his side won’t be bottom for long.
He said: “It’s very important that we get a win on Saturday to get our league season started.
“I wouldn’t call it a six-pointer because I don’t think we’ll be there at the end of the season. We are a far better team than our position suggests and the performances have been there but the goals unfortunately haven’t.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve created the chances so I’m not too concerned in one sense because once we click I’m sure we’ll go on a good run.
The Hares’ boss is still looking to add to his side even though he’s working hard with his current crop of players to improve their confidence in front of goal.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid
“We worked hard on keeping the ball and getting in good positions, which we’ve done, so now we’ve spent some time practising our finishing,” he said.
“In all of the games we’ve not won, apart from the Thetford Town match, we’ve been the better side.
“We’re still looking at bringing in two or three players but Dan Sterner, who we signed from Soham Town, is going to be a good addition. He’s a very creative attacking midfielder and has a good turn of pace and looks comfortable on the ball.
Jordan Gault should start at centre-back and Adam Sutton and Craig Norman are missing.