March Town United boss Weston keen to add to squad after Hares lose defender Norman to Deeping Rangers
MARCH Town United boss Jamie Weston has admitted that he may need to add to his squad after defender Craig Norman left the Hares for Deeping Rangers this week.
The centre back’s departure to the United Counties Premier League outfit deals a blow to Weston’s troops, who were left frustrated by the wintry conditions after Saturday’s mid-table clash with Long Melford was postponed.
Weston said: “They can offer him more money and less travelling and they’re at a higher level, so I suppose realistically it’s not something that’s going to be surprising.
“It’s a bit of a blow to the squad to lose a good player but he hasn’t played that many games for us this year due to injury and unavailability.
“I look at the fact that the reserves are doing well and the fact that we have been able to bring in some good players, but the size of the squad is a concern and we do need to add some players.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hares are hoping for a return to Ridgeons First Division action tomorrow as they travel to fifth placed Whitton United.
“I’m always on at the lads about getting some consistency,” said Weston. “But at the same time if we don’t have a consistent run of fixtures then that can be hard.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 10 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
“They just want some games and to be playing football - the sooner we can do that again the better.”