March Town United boss Weston keen to add to squad after Hares lose defender Norman to Deeping Rangers
MARCH Town United boss Jamie Weston has admitted that he may need to add to his squad after defender Craig Norman left the Hares for Deeping Rangers this week.
The centre back’s departure to the United Counties Premier League outfit deals a blow to Weston’s troops, who were left frustrated by the wintry conditions after Saturday’s mid-table clash with Long Melford was postponed.
Weston said: “They can offer him more money and less travelling and they’re at a higher level, so I suppose realistically it’s not something that’s going to be surprising.
“It’s a bit of a blow to the squad to lose a good player but he hasn’t played that many games for us this year due to injury and unavailability.
“I look at the fact that the reserves are doing well and the fact that we have been able to bring in some good players, but the size of the squad is a concern and we do need to add some players.”
The Hares are hoping for a return to Ridgeons First Division action tomorrow as they travel to fifth placed Whitton United.
“I’m always on at the lads about getting some consistency,” said Weston. “But at the same time if we don’t have a consistent run of fixtures then that can be hard.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
“They just want some games and to be playing football - the sooner we can do that again the better.”