March Town United boss Weston keen to add to squad after Hares lose defender Norman to Deeping Rangers
MARCH Town United boss Jamie Weston has admitted that he may need to add to his squad after defender Craig Norman left the Hares for Deeping Rangers this week.
The centre back’s departure to the United Counties Premier League outfit deals a blow to Weston’s troops, who were left frustrated by the wintry conditions after Saturday’s mid-table clash with Long Melford was postponed.
Weston said: “They can offer him more money and less travelling and they’re at a higher level, so I suppose realistically it’s not something that’s going to be surprising.
“It’s a bit of a blow to the squad to lose a good player but he hasn’t played that many games for us this year due to injury and unavailability.
“I look at the fact that the reserves are doing well and the fact that we have been able to bring in some good players, but the size of the squad is a concern and we do need to add some players.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hares are hoping for a return to Ridgeons First Division action tomorrow as they travel to fifth placed Whitton United.
“I’m always on at the lads about getting some consistency,” said Weston. “But at the same time if we don’t have a consistent run of fixtures then that can be hard.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
“They just want some games and to be playing football - the sooner we can do that again the better.”