March Town United boss Weston’s football-starved Hares are desperate for Bank Holiday action
THE football-starved players of March Town United will be hoping their Bank Holiday Monday fixture does not fall foul of the weather after missing out on their Christmas clash.
Four of the Hares last five matches have been postponed and the Ridgeons First Division outfit missed out once again when the cold-snap struck to end their chances of playing on Monday.
Jamie Weston’s troops were set to make the short trip to Downham to play only their second match in six weeks but the game was postponed just hours before kick-off.
However, hopes are high that Monday’s home clash with Godmanchester Rovers can beat the weather.
Hares’ boss Weston could select his brother Adam for the fixture as his side aims to make it three wins on the bounce.
The midfielder has signed for Deeping Rangers in the United Counties League but also signed a Ridgeons League form with March at the start of the season.
Livewire striker Denny Escorcio will miss the encounter as he’s still on holiday.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
March drew 2-2 at Godmanchester in September.