March Town United boss Weston urges inconsistent side to end season on a high
MARCH Town United boss Jamie Weston has urged his troops to end their season on a high after another miserable home defeat on Saturday.
Adam Cornell’s goal wasn’t enough to prevent March from losing 2-1 to struggling Long Melford. It was the Hares’ ninth league defeat of the campaign at the GER.
The loss ended March’s four-game unbeaten run which included a shock 1-0 victory over promotion-chasing Whitton United last week.
Weston said: “For all the good results - and we’ve had some excellent ones - we’ve thrown in some really poor performances, especially at home. Saturday was another one.
“It’s motivation which seems to be the issue for certain games and that’s down to the players. Some days it’s there and some days it’s not.
You may also want to watch:
“We seem to have this attitude against teams towards the bottom that we’ll get the job done eventually and that we’ll just turn it on when we want.
“I don’t want to discredit Long Melford who played some good stuff but I could see early on that the motivation wasn’t there.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
“I did my best to change things but there’s only so much I can do from the sidelines. It’s so frustrating”
Eighth-placed March travel to Stowmarket Town on Saturday before hosting Downham Town in their final game of the season on Monday.
Weston said: “Given our injury crisis I’d have taken a top-eight finish a few months back. If we get four points from our last six we can still achieve that.”