March Town United boss Weston welcomes brother Adam’s move to Wisbech Town
MARCH Town United boss Jamie Weston has revealed he allowed his brother Adam to join neighbours Wisbech Town with open arms.
The 28-year-old midfielder, who was playing at Step Four of the non-league pyramid with Stamford, offered to help out his injury-hit brother’s Hares squad when he could.
However, during his first appearance against Diss Town he fell foul of the club’s injury-curse and hasn’t pulled on a March shirt since. Last night, as he neared a return to action from his toe injury, Weston penned a deal to join Steve Appleby’s Wisbech.
The Hares boss said: “We can’t compete with Wisbech in terms of money and they are looking to get promoted to Step Four next season too.
“I know I’m his brother but Adam’s a superb footballer who should be playing at a quality level. He’s well recognised around the area for being a good player. He will control possession, take hold of their midfield and he never gives the ball away.
You may also want to watch:
“He did me a favour by signing for us but it was only ever going to be a bonus if he played. I wasn’t trying to build a team around him because I always knew someone was going to snap him up.
“I’m perfectly happy with him leaving and wish him, and Wisbech, well.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
The midfielder has rejoined the Fenmen for his fourth spell at the club. He made his debut as a 19-year-old in 2001 and last played for the club in 2007.