March Town United boss Weston welcomes brother Adam’s move to Wisbech Town
MARCH Town United boss Jamie Weston has revealed he allowed his brother Adam to join neighbours Wisbech Town with open arms.
The 28-year-old midfielder, who was playing at Step Four of the non-league pyramid with Stamford, offered to help out his injury-hit brother’s Hares squad when he could.
However, during his first appearance against Diss Town he fell foul of the club’s injury-curse and hasn’t pulled on a March shirt since. Last night, as he neared a return to action from his toe injury, Weston penned a deal to join Steve Appleby’s Wisbech.
The Hares boss said: “We can’t compete with Wisbech in terms of money and they are looking to get promoted to Step Four next season too.
“I know I’m his brother but Adam’s a superb footballer who should be playing at a quality level. He’s well recognised around the area for being a good player. He will control possession, take hold of their midfield and he never gives the ball away.
You may also want to watch:
“He did me a favour by signing for us but it was only ever going to be a bonus if he played. I wasn’t trying to build a team around him because I always knew someone was going to snap him up.
“I’m perfectly happy with him leaving and wish him, and Wisbech, well.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
The midfielder has rejoined the Fenmen for his fourth spell at the club. He made his debut as a 19-year-old in 2001 and last played for the club in 2007.