March Town United boss Weston welcomes brother Adam’s move to Wisbech Town
MARCH Town United boss Jamie Weston has revealed he allowed his brother Adam to join neighbours Wisbech Town with open arms.
The 28-year-old midfielder, who was playing at Step Four of the non-league pyramid with Stamford, offered to help out his injury-hit brother’s Hares squad when he could.
However, during his first appearance against Diss Town he fell foul of the club’s injury-curse and hasn’t pulled on a March shirt since. Last night, as he neared a return to action from his toe injury, Weston penned a deal to join Steve Appleby’s Wisbech.
The Hares boss said: “We can’t compete with Wisbech in terms of money and they are looking to get promoted to Step Four next season too.
“I know I’m his brother but Adam’s a superb footballer who should be playing at a quality level. He’s well recognised around the area for being a good player. He will control possession, take hold of their midfield and he never gives the ball away.
“He did me a favour by signing for us but it was only ever going to be a bonus if he played. I wasn’t trying to build a team around him because I always knew someone was going to snap him up.
“I’m perfectly happy with him leaving and wish him, and Wisbech, well.”
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 7 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
The midfielder has rejoined the Fenmen for his fourth spell at the club. He made his debut as a 19-year-old in 2001 and last played for the club in 2007.