March Town United bounce back to reach Cambs Invitation Cup semi finals
Cambs Invitation Cup Quarter-Final: March Town United 3 Fulbourn Institute 1
CAPTAIN Luke Pepper bagged a double - his third goals in two games - as the Hares marched through to the semi finals of the Cambs Invitation Cup.
Pepper - who notched during Saturday’s miserable 2-1 home defeat to Halstead Town - converted a penalty in the opening minute before adding his second with a cracking header.
Brazilian striker Juliano Gomez De Menezes scored the third with a superb shot after a good run but Fulbourn rallied after the break to push March - plying their trade one non-league level higher than their visitors - all the way.
March will face CRC from the Ridgeons Premier Division in the semi-final after they beat Cambridge City 5-4, after extra-time, in their thrilling quarter-final clash last night.
You may also want to watch:
For more reaction see Friday’s paper.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site