March Town United bounce back to reach Cambs Invitation Cup semi finals
Cambs Invitation Cup Quarter-Final: March Town United 3 Fulbourn Institute 1
CAPTAIN Luke Pepper bagged a double - his third goals in two games - as the Hares marched through to the semi finals of the Cambs Invitation Cup.
Pepper - who notched during Saturday’s miserable 2-1 home defeat to Halstead Town - converted a penalty in the opening minute before adding his second with a cracking header.
Brazilian striker Juliano Gomez De Menezes scored the third with a superb shot after a good run but Fulbourn rallied after the break to push March - plying their trade one non-league level higher than their visitors - all the way.
March will face CRC from the Ridgeons Premier Division in the semi-final after they beat Cambridge City 5-4, after extra-time, in their thrilling quarter-final clash last night.
You may also want to watch:
For more reaction see Friday’s paper.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators