March Town United bounce back to reach Cambs Invitation Cup semi finals
Cambs Invitation Cup Quarter-Final: March Town United 3 Fulbourn Institute 1
CAPTAIN Luke Pepper bagged a double - his third goals in two games - as the Hares marched through to the semi finals of the Cambs Invitation Cup.
Pepper - who notched during Saturday’s miserable 2-1 home defeat to Halstead Town - converted a penalty in the opening minute before adding his second with a cracking header.
Brazilian striker Juliano Gomez De Menezes scored the third with a superb shot after a good run but Fulbourn rallied after the break to push March - plying their trade one non-league level higher than their visitors - all the way.
March will face CRC from the Ridgeons Premier Division in the semi-final after they beat Cambridge City 5-4, after extra-time, in their thrilling quarter-final clash last night.
For more reaction see Friday’s paper.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild