March Town United bounce back with win and reserves make it seven games unbeaten under chairman White to stay top after 4-3 victory
Ridgeons First Division: Gorleston 2 March Town United 3
March Town United bounced back from last weekend’s 6-1 drubbing at the GER to record their third away league victory on the bounce with a 3-2 win at Gorleston.
A double from Adam Cornell and a goal from Juliano Gomes De Menezes clinched a much-needed three points for the inconsistent Hares.
The reserves however are not struggling for consistency under chairman Phil White and have now gone seven games unbeaten since he replaced Steve Wilson.
The league leaders battled back from going behind three times to beat Huntingdon RGE 4-3 at home.
You may also want to watch:
March went 1-0 down, equalised through Greg Hoffham, but conceded again to go in 2-1 behind at the break.
Phil White’s son Lee made it two apiece and grabbed his second to make it 3-3 after the visitors had gone in front once again.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 8 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
Stuart Warby was sent off for a second bookable offence but the 10-men took all three points when Marc Welcher scored a fantastic free-kick.
Chairman White said: “We battled and did what we needed to do to win the game.
“We got the points and the first team won so I’m pleased.”