March Town United bounce back with win and reserves make it seven games unbeaten under chairman White to stay top after 4-3 victory
Ridgeons First Division: Gorleston 2 March Town United 3
March Town United bounced back from last weekend’s 6-1 drubbing at the GER to record their third away league victory on the bounce with a 3-2 win at Gorleston.
A double from Adam Cornell and a goal from Juliano Gomes De Menezes clinched a much-needed three points for the inconsistent Hares.
The reserves however are not struggling for consistency under chairman Phil White and have now gone seven games unbeaten since he replaced Steve Wilson.
The league leaders battled back from going behind three times to beat Huntingdon RGE 4-3 at home.
You may also want to watch:
March went 1-0 down, equalised through Greg Hoffham, but conceded again to go in 2-1 behind at the break.
Phil White’s son Lee made it two apiece and grabbed his second to make it 3-3 after the visitors had gone in front once again.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick
Stuart Warby was sent off for a second bookable offence but the 10-men took all three points when Marc Welcher scored a fantastic free-kick.
Chairman White said: “We battled and did what we needed to do to win the game.
“We got the points and the first team won so I’m pleased.”