March Town United bounce back with win and reserves make it seven games unbeaten under chairman White to stay top after 4-3 victory
Ridgeons First Division: Gorleston 2 March Town United 3
March Town United bounced back from last weekend’s 6-1 drubbing at the GER to record their third away league victory on the bounce with a 3-2 win at Gorleston.
A double from Adam Cornell and a goal from Juliano Gomes De Menezes clinched a much-needed three points for the inconsistent Hares.
The reserves however are not struggling for consistency under chairman Phil White and have now gone seven games unbeaten since he replaced Steve Wilson.
The league leaders battled back from going behind three times to beat Huntingdon RGE 4-3 at home.
March went 1-0 down, equalised through Greg Hoffham, but conceded again to go in 2-1 behind at the break.
Phil White’s son Lee made it two apiece and grabbed his second to make it 3-3 after the visitors had gone in front once again.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
Stuart Warby was sent off for a second bookable offence but the 10-men took all three points when Marc Welcher scored a fantastic free-kick.
Chairman White said: “We battled and did what we needed to do to win the game.
“We got the points and the first team won so I’m pleased.”