March Town United captain Pepper facing fight to be fit for the start of next season
MARCH Town United captain Luke Pepper has revealed he’s facing a fight against time to be fit for the start of next season.
The midfielder hasn’t kicked a ball since damaging medial ligaments in his right knee on January 22. Pepper - who still finished Hares’ top scorer with 12 goals last season - admitted he is unsure whether he needs minor surgery to solve the problem.
Pepper, 26, said: “I should get my scan results soon and I’m crossing my fingers but I’m running out of time to make the start of pre-season.
“Not playing hasn’t really hit me until talk of training starting again on June 25 began. There’s a buzz around the place with Brett coming back and all the new faces and I just want to be a part of that.
“I’m itching to get back but I won’t risk anything. I want to be completely right for my return.”
You may also want to watch:
Hares boss Brett Whaley said: “It’s a difficult position to be in when one of your best players could be sidelined for the start of the season.
“Luke will be desperate to get back, we want him back, but he needs to be right.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 5 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 6 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 7 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 8 Man who died in road crash is named
- 9 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream