March Town United cruise past Downham Town to net second win in four days
A RESURGENT March Town United fired themselves back up to seventh in the Ridgeons First Division with two wins in a week.
The Hares’ season had been showing signs of falling apart with a catastrophic list of injuries and a disappointing run of results.
But after a miserable 4-0 defeat to Whitton United two weeks ago, March bounced back by netting two vital wins in the space of four days.
Lee Day’s bullet-header put his team on course for a 3-1 victory over Ipswich Wanderers at the GER on Saturday - with Simon Bates and Ash Brand also grabbing goals.
And things got even better for the Hares last night, when Denny Escorcio and the in-form Stu Anderson found the net in a 2-1 triumph at Downham Town - a game which also saw new signing Danny Rasberry make his full debut.
March host Swaffham Town at the GER on Saturday.
• The club are holding a race night at The Cock on Saturday. Entry is free and race cards cost �1, with the first race at 8pm. All money raised will go to the club.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 9 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push