March Town United cruise past Downham Town to net second win in four days
A RESURGENT March Town United fired themselves back up to seventh in the Ridgeons First Division with two wins in a week.
The Hares’ season had been showing signs of falling apart with a catastrophic list of injuries and a disappointing run of results.
But after a miserable 4-0 defeat to Whitton United two weeks ago, March bounced back by netting two vital wins in the space of four days.
Lee Day’s bullet-header put his team on course for a 3-1 victory over Ipswich Wanderers at the GER on Saturday - with Simon Bates and Ash Brand also grabbing goals.
And things got even better for the Hares last night, when Denny Escorcio and the in-form Stu Anderson found the net in a 2-1 triumph at Downham Town - a game which also saw new signing Danny Rasberry make his full debut.
You may also want to watch:
March host Swaffham Town at the GER on Saturday.
• The club are holding a race night at The Cock on Saturday. Entry is free and race cards cost �1, with the first race at 8pm. All money raised will go to the club.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 10 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland