March Town United cruise past Downham Town to net second win in four days
A RESURGENT March Town United fired themselves back up to seventh in the Ridgeons First Division with two wins in a week.
The Hares’ season had been showing signs of falling apart with a catastrophic list of injuries and a disappointing run of results.
But after a miserable 4-0 defeat to Whitton United two weeks ago, March bounced back by netting two vital wins in the space of four days.
Lee Day’s bullet-header put his team on course for a 3-1 victory over Ipswich Wanderers at the GER on Saturday - with Simon Bates and Ash Brand also grabbing goals.
And things got even better for the Hares last night, when Denny Escorcio and the in-form Stu Anderson found the net in a 2-1 triumph at Downham Town - a game which also saw new signing Danny Rasberry make his full debut.
You may also want to watch:
March host Swaffham Town at the GER on Saturday.
• The club are holding a race night at The Cock on Saturday. Entry is free and race cards cost �1, with the first race at 8pm. All money raised will go to the club.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze