March Town United cruise past Downham Town to net second win in four days
A RESURGENT March Town United fired themselves back up to seventh in the Ridgeons First Division with two wins in a week.
The Hares’ season had been showing signs of falling apart with a catastrophic list of injuries and a disappointing run of results.
But after a miserable 4-0 defeat to Whitton United two weeks ago, March bounced back by netting two vital wins in the space of four days.
Lee Day’s bullet-header put his team on course for a 3-1 victory over Ipswich Wanderers at the GER on Saturday - with Simon Bates and Ash Brand also grabbing goals.
And things got even better for the Hares last night, when Denny Escorcio and the in-form Stu Anderson found the net in a 2-1 triumph at Downham Town - a game which also saw new signing Danny Rasberry make his full debut.
You may also want to watch:
March host Swaffham Town at the GER on Saturday.
• The club are holding a race night at The Cock on Saturday. Entry is free and race cards cost �1, with the first race at 8pm. All money raised will go to the club.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick