March Town United cruise past Downham Town to net second win in four days
A RESURGENT March Town United fired themselves back up to seventh in the Ridgeons First Division with two wins in a week.
The Hares’ season had been showing signs of falling apart with a catastrophic list of injuries and a disappointing run of results.
But after a miserable 4-0 defeat to Whitton United two weeks ago, March bounced back by netting two vital wins in the space of four days.
Lee Day’s bullet-header put his team on course for a 3-1 victory over Ipswich Wanderers at the GER on Saturday - with Simon Bates and Ash Brand also grabbing goals.
And things got even better for the Hares last night, when Denny Escorcio and the in-form Stu Anderson found the net in a 2-1 triumph at Downham Town - a game which also saw new signing Danny Rasberry make his full debut.
You may also want to watch:
March host Swaffham Town at the GER on Saturday.
• The club are holding a race night at The Cock on Saturday. Entry is free and race cards cost �1, with the first race at 8pm. All money raised will go to the club.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim