March Town United defender Sam Darlow may not play again this season after horror injury
- Credit: Archant
SAM Darlow may not play again this season after suffering a horrific elbow injury in March Town United’s disappointing 3-0 defeat to Long Melford on Saturday.
Play was stopped for 30 minutes after the defender landed awkwardly following a tackle and dislocated his elbow.
An ambulance was called and he was taken to Peterborough Hospital, where he was heavily sedated before being allowed to leave late on Saturday evening.
His elbow will remain in a cast for the next six to eight weeks.
Hares boss Paul Crosbie said: “The loss is frustrating but in all honesty the result is not that important when a player gets seriously injured. That was my main concern.
You may also want to watch:
“He was driving forward with the ball when the lad came in and tackled him. It was a strong tackle but it was not a foul. Sam landed awkwardly and you just knew something was wrong.
“You don’t want to see an injury like that. You could just tell from the way he held his elbow it was bad. An arm is not supposed to hang like that.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
“It is the first time this season we have picked up a serious injury but I don’t want to use it as an excuse.”
Crosbie believes his side will bounce back from the defeat when they travel to relegation battlers Stowmarket Town tomorrow.
He said: “Forgive me for the cliche but we have been a Jekyll and Hyde side this season. When we are good we win but when we are bad we lose heavily.
“We should be confident because of the players we have.
“We have a decent record on the road and I have extreme faith in my players although some times they don’t believe in themselves.
“We will prepare the best we can and if we apply ourselves we should have enough in the tank.”